- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Ohio
- Job Advert Description
Survitec holds market-leading positions worldwide in marine, defense and aerospace survival technology. With more than 2000 employees operating across 8 manufacturing sites, our company brings its best-in-class products and services to a global customer base. Survitec provides a comprehensive range of critical safety solutions in marine, aviation and industrial services including rope supply, height safety, tooling, lifting and inspection, fire safety equipment and lifeboat servicing and maintenance.
With an extensive history spanning over 160 years and a portfolio of some of the most reputable brands in the safety and survival industry, Survitec is committed to product innovation, technological advancement and quality assurance.
The Quality Engineer will provide independent assurance to the business, customers and third parties that all manufactured product meets the specified requirements through the deployment of planned stage and final inspection and the conducting of process audits. Develop and support the continuous improvement of Quality Assurance and QC processes and activities. Perform Root Cause Analysis and implement Corrective Action for product and process related concerns.
What Will You Do?
- Assist Quality Manager in maintenance and continual improvement of the QMS.
- Interface with Technical and Operations to ensure transfer of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determining proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyse failures and corrective and preventive action in response to customer complaints.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation such as quality procedures, instructions, forms and logs.
- Continuously improving inspection / testing processes and procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of supplier Material Complaint Notices and resolution of supplier Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Participate in the management of suppliers’ performance and supplier quality audits.
- Interface with Supervisors to ensure effective Quality Assurance procedures are implemented throughout all departments.
- Preparation of Quality Engineering and Audit reports.
- To ensure discipline to standards such as ISO 9001, the Marine Equipment Directive (MED), and internal documentation are maintained.
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities to enhance the quality of product and services, such as 5S and Lean methods, etc.
- Review Manufacturing and Vendor quality performance, including the analysis of scrap and rework.
- Assist in the development of training to build quality awareness.
- Responsible for supervising, planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of inspector / tester functions.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- All other duties deemed appropriate for Quality Engineering by the Quality Manager.
- Communicate and work with other departments as to non-conformances, reports, and documentation.
- Process non-conformances as required.
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international.
What Do We Need From You?
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or related field OR equivalent work experience required.
- Previous successful experience as a Quality Engineer.
- Experience or understanding of continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing (not mandatory).
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques.
- Basic understanding of statistical applications.
- Understanding and interpreting charts for trend analysis.
Experience of creating and working with the following Microsoft Office applications:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Data entry
- Forms development.
- Instruction writing.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques
- Basic reading and spelling of English language – Required
- Specification interpretation
- Quality Assurance knowledge
- Basic measuring and test equipment
- ISO 9001
- Good communication skills to understand quality objectives, as well as to work with production operators to discuss problems.
- Use available resources for problem solving.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis and writing corrective action plans.
- Ensure work areas are 100% free of FOD as required.
- Responsible for awareness and compliance as applicable to the requirements of ISO9001 and customer standards and test requirements.
- Notify Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager immediately of possible risk to meeting testing / inspecting requirements. Produce a tangible, positive impact.
- Achieve consistently high results.
- Demonstrate high standards of professional conduct.
- Work effectively as part of a team or as an individual.
- Work harmoniously and effectively with others.
- Develop a strong working rapport with others.
- Ability to read drawings and use measurement tools.
- Document test data into computer systems as required.
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
- Positive Social Orientation
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Paid Absence
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
E-mail your resume along with salary requirements.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date