Product Engineer (SGUK271)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Gosport
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is currently seeking a Product Engineer to join the Design team in Gosport. The role holder will be responsible for Marine safety equipment and water sport garment products. They will also support NPD within the design department and multi-site production facilities.
- Work closely with purchasing teams ensuring product specification are precisely detailed and correct.
- Work with quality teams to ensure products are delivered and made to the standard required.
- Work with design teams ensuring product specifications are detailed and appropriate for manufacture.
- Help facilitate right first time every time.
- Improve process and systems – build, maintain and support improvements in manufacturing both onsite and with contractors.
- Excellent communicator responsible for understanding and conveying design through to production; at any site required.
- Manage the SOP (standard operating procedure) process, creating and maintaining a product structure/routing.
- Liaise with manufacturing sites to implement product hand over.
- Liaise with tooling suppliers & designing or specification of calibrated inspection tools/devices.
- Ensure manufacturing procedures, and all test procedures as appropriate are carried out.
- Maintain product specification database.
- Ensure all data is up to date and logged.
- Control product data for manufacturing.
- Maintain good understanding of materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Follow and adhere to QMS processes.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role.
- Be a team player with a focus on customer requirements.
- Be keen to innovate, bring results and form a valued team member within a mid-sized enterprise.
- Ability to present and motivate personnel in both formal and informal situations.
- Able to demonstrate good customer service.
- Able to demonstrate effective project management skills and cost control with the ability to work to strict deadlines and targets.
- Excellent ability to communicate, both written and verbally.
- Be process driven with experience working to strict quality assurance and compliance guidelines.
- Capable of detailing and conveying engineering information and design ideas.
- IT skills including AutoCAD, Adobe suite, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook CorelDraw, and Project.
- Closing Date