Service Director - Canada
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Canada - Delta, British Columbia
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
We are seeking to recruit a Service Director - Canada to be based in Vancouver (Delta), BC. The Service Director - Canada is responsible for the management of Canada-wide service activities and the development of the department to incorporate new service capabilities. Additionally, the Service Director conducts project sales activities of the Company's service offerings for key customers and guides the service team with promoting of new types of services. This role reports to the VP Americas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Service team, including all aspects of HR related to the department such as recruitment, training & development, performance management and team building
- Service Department P&L responsibility, focusing on achieving sales targets and controlling costs
- Preparing / verifying budgets and CAPEX proposals for submission to Executive Management
- Technical Sales & Project Management for the delivery of supply and service contracts
- Expense & supplier invoice approval for payment
- Driving operational efficiency
- Ensuring services are performed in compliance with all rules and regulations, contractual requirements and industry standards, resulting in high quality service delivery
- Perform the function of PRM (Person Responsible for Maintenance) under TCCA regulations
- Facilitating cross-departmental cooperation to achieve most effective and efficient business practices
- Experience in the marine industry, specifically with LSA and FFS, is strongly preferred
- Formal education (Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred) in engineering, operations, business, or a related technical field
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team in a technical or operational capacity
- Excellent time management and allocation of priorities
- Sales driven, with a focus on profitability and upsells
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organization
- English fluency – written and spoken
- Computer savvy – the ability to learn and utilize a variety of computer systems and software
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to cultivate a team work culture while driving high quality results for customers (i.e. accurate and fast responses)
This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive annual salary plus group benefits. The office location is 1689 Cliveden Avenue, Delta, British Columbia.
To apply, please submit your resume with an introductory cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date