Global Cruise Shipyard Sales Manager, Europe
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Gosport, UK - London, Germany - Hamburg
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
We are seeking to recruit a Shipyard Sales Manager, Global Cruise. The Sales Manager will be a member of the Global Cruise team and is the key contact between Survitec and the assigned shipyard customers. This role will report to the VP, Global Cruise and will be supported by the Technical Sales team, Offer Development team and Central Procurement team.
This function carries full responsibility for ensuring full delivery of Survitec’s products and services to the major Cruise shipyards in Europe, backed up by Technical Sales specialists within Survitec. Although no direct HR reporting responsibilities are included, it is key for the Sales Manager to work very closely with the supporting teams to achieve full and technically accurate proposals and delivery. Sales targets for the customers assigned to the Sales Manager are also the Sales Manager’s responsibility.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular face-to-face meetings with each of the Cruise yards in Europe (based in Trieste/Genoa, Papenburg, St Nazaire, and Turku) and relevant Cruise operator local new-build teams to:
- Review upcoming and current opportunities for lifesaving and firefighting equipment supply
- Own, generate and proactively deliver quotes for new equipment
- Engage with shipyard customers on their needs, preferences and processes
- Ensure Survitec Technical Sales representation across the spectrum of equipment supply
- Deliver against shipyard customer sales targets
- Engage with Cruise operators, and the Global Cruise team, to ensure operator requirements are met optimally during the procurement process
- Actively develop and market through-life solutions to Cruise operators, with the support of the Global Cruise team
- Actively develop bundled solutions encompassing total supply, drawing on Survitec’s broad product and service offer, with assistance from Offer Development and Central Procurement teams
- Listen to shipyard customer problems and feedback regarding solution design
- Enter significant enquiries into SalesForce
- Manage sensitively the interface between Survitec direct and distributor channels where necessary
- Support cash collection
- Extensive direct marine industry experience (cruise is preferred, but not essential) in a technical or operational capacity
- Formal education in engineering / technical studies relevant work experience preferable
- Strong relationship builder
- Sales driven, and motivated by delivery against targets
- Self-starter, operating within the Global Cruise team but with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organization
- English fluency – written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary plus benefits. A generous performance-based bonus scheme applies to this position.
To apply, please submit your resume with an introductory cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date