Global Cruise Account Manager, Europe
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Germany - Hamburg
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
We are seeking to recruit an Account Manager to be based at a Survitec location in the UK or Germany. The Account Manager will be a member of the Global Cruise team and is the key contact between Survitec and the assigned customers and vessels. This role will report to the VP, Global Cruise.
This function carries responsibility for ensuring continuous high quality and timely delivery of products and services, backed up by a local Customer Service team and Technical Sales specialists within Survitec. Although no direct HR reporting responsibilities are included, it is key for the Account Manager to work very closely with the supporting teams to achieve timely and high-quality delivery to the vessels under the Account Manager’s care. Sales targets for the customers assigned to the Account Manager are also the Account Manager’s responsibility, shared with the Technical Sales team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build Survitec’s business with European Cruise operators, supported by Customer Service and Technical Sales
- Own service and product delivery for customer enquiries, supported by Customer Service
- Actively monitor customer needs and solution design to assist in developing the Global Cruise offer portfolio
- Own customer sales targets and achieve these through marketing Survitec’s broad product and service portfolio to a largely under-penetrated customer base
- Communicate quotes and adjust / determine pricing where applicable for strategic or competitive purposes
- Regular face-to-face feedback meetings with operational and procurement teams in the customer organization to:
- Review delivery performance of products and services delivered to customer
- Market products and services not yet being conducted with the particular vessel / fleet discussed
- Vessel-level supervision of technical tasks, on occasion / as required
- Proactive service and product offer communication based on due date
- Support overdue collections
- Upsell strategic Survitec products / services during an existing service delivery process
- Enter significant enquiries into SalesForce
- Escalate customer feedback on technical, service quality and commercial issues, if support from Customer Service or Technical Specialist does not resolve the matter
- Extensive of direct marine industry experience (cruise is preferred, but not essential) in a technical or operational capacity
- Formal education in engineering / technical studies relevant work experience (such as Safety Officer / Engineer / Superintendent)
- Strong relationship builder
- Sales driven, and motivated by delivery against targets
- Self-starter, operating within the Global Cruise team but with a high degree of autonomy
- Execellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organization
- Ensure deadlines are met through excellent time management and allocation of priorities to the team
- Computer savvy – the ability to learn and utilize a variety of computer systems and software
- English fluency – written and spoken
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary plus benefits. A generous performance-based bonus scheme applies to this position.
To apply, please submit your resume with an introductory cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date