- Position Type
- Full-time contract / temporary
- Business Area / Division
- Netherlands - Rotterdam
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global survival specialist company with over 160 years’ experience as subject matter experts in air, sea and land survival equipment. Established in 1854 we are responsible for pioneering a number of technologies used today in modern military and commercial operations.
Our multi-disciplined team of designers, engineers and operators produce a highly diverse portfolio of specialist equipment used to protect naval, air force, law enforcement and commercial personnel on a daily basis.
With 8 manufacturing sites and over 500 service stations worldwide, the Rotterdam site is part of a truly global organization.
Purpose of the role
As part of the team based in Rotterdam you will ensure that all aspects of lifesaving equipment are tested and inspected in accordance with the required standards and requirements.
- To service all Marine products including, Liferafts, Lifejackets and Immersion Suits.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to regarding manufacturers’ manuals and bulletins along with re-certification requirements.
- Liaise with the Operations Management to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Complete all servicing paperwork accurately and pass it to the office for certification and invoicing to be completed.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and health and safety of work areas is maintained to avoid possible near miss incidents or accidents.
- Ensure manufacturers manuals and bulletins are maintained in a tidy condition and that these are available at all times.
- Ensure manufacturers bulletins are read and signed in accordance with Company and manufacturers requirements.
- Calibration - ensure equipment is returned for recalibration at prescribed intervals by liaising with Operations Management
- Ensuring a good level of housekeeping is kept.
- Have a technical or maritime background
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Versatile and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Service and safety oriented
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Able to work flexibly with regards to hours to ensure we provide the best service to our customers
- Good (physical) health because it is a hands on job
- Command of Dutch and English language verbal and in writing
- Accurate and structured nature
- Closing Date