Safety Service Technician (SGUK373)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Findon, Aberdeen, UK - Peterhead
- Job Advert Description
To conduct Safety Service business through effective planning and efficient execution in designated port locations. Ensure that safety, reliability and technical excellence are at all times the key drivers supporting the Safety Service.
- Communicate technical deficiencies or improvement notices.
- Carry out inspection/repair of firefighting systems, including extinguishers, escape sets, BA sets and cylinders, medical oxygen systems and resuscitators, and CO2 systems.
- Carry out inspection/repair of immersion suits.
- Attend training courses in the UK and overseas as required.
- Assist local management with follow up and corrective actions as necessary.
- Responsible for following Survitec Safety Solutions quality standards and Safety Service Concept routines according to corporate objectives when executing service work.
- Responsible for following Survitec Safety Solutions safety standards, safety guidelines when working onboard, safety guidelines when working in the workshop and other relevant safety standards valid at place of work.
- Follow all Survitec Safety Solutions Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’S) at all times
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have experience in firefighting systems, fire detection, breathing apparatus and portable firefighting equipment, with associated training certificates.
- A basic understanding of technical drawings.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- An engineering background would be an advantage, both mechanical and electrical.
- Ideally have a background in the marine/offshore industry.
- Have the ability to communicate, both written and orally, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to travel to other company locations as required.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages.
- Closing Date