- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Ohio
- Job Advert Description
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Industrial Engineer provides introduction and through-life management of manufacturing processes for all value streams. Devises methods to eliminate wasted time, energy, money, materials and other commodities during production processes. Utilizes available technology to reduce environmental concerns and focus on promoting workers’ safety.
What Will You Do?
- Review engineering specifications, production schedules, drawings and related configuration documentation to obtain knowledge and to plan or amend manufacturing processes.
- Work in conjunction with the Technical Manager to develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards and cost analysis systems, to promote efficient staff and facility utilization to estimate production costs and potential cost saving methods.
- Establish and amend detailed Manufacturing Process Instructions and related Quality Management System documentation to fabricate and manufacture products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Communicate with management, supervisors and operators to develop production standards and to evaluate and monitor equipment costs and process status.
- Carry out time study analysis on manufacturing processes, update the master database and introduce or amend sub-job sheets.
- Produce costs for the purchase, lease or lease-to-purchase of machinery and tooling required in the manufacturing process.
- Establish whether new equipment, tooling and other relevant equipment is required, or current equipment is to be made obsolete as part of the Change Management process.
- Update labor standards as required as part of the Change Management process.
- During the Change Management process, work closely with the Configuration Librarian, Design Engineers and relevant Design Authority to ensure that relevant changes are correct and to identify issues.
- Provide assistance to the Technical Manager to review updated manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards and cost analysis systems, to help promote efficient staff and facility utilization as a result of the change.
- Establish management control systems for cost analysis and optimal budget planning.
- Liaise with the relevant Buyer / Planner when issues arise that may affect the production plan.
- Liaise with the Strategic Sourcing Specialist to purchase locally manufactured tooling, machine programs and other relevant equipment.
- Liaise with the relevant Quality Engineer, production supervisors and operators to ensure processes are understood and identify with Quality inspection and test documentation.
- Implementation of Kan Ban systems in production.
- Create process / value stream maps for product lines.
What Do We Need from You?
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
Experience of creating and working with the following Microsoft Office applications:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software - optional
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
E-mail your resume along with salary requirements
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date