Web & Database Developer
- Position Type
- Full-time contract / temporary
- Business Area / Division
- IT, Operations
- USA - Fort Lauderdale
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
We are recruiting a Web & Database Developer (contract) to be based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, reporting to the Operations Director, Global Cruise.
The Web & Database Developer will be a member of the Global Cruise team and will be fully responsible for building a front-end customer interface and a database that holds all technical, service and product info for the vessels that Survitec performs work on and / or supplies goods to. The Developer is expected to maintain both the web interface and the database and make adjustments from time to time as per customer and / or internally raised requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and maintain database to contain various information on customer equipment on board vessels
• Build and maintain front-end interface that functions with the database
• Ensure system availability so business can be conducted without interruptions
• Interface with Group IT to ensure alignment of database and web development with Company systems and standards
• Escalate matters that significantly impact database performance, data integrity, security or availability (of the front-end interface) immediately to the Operations Director
• Ensure deadlines are met through excellent time management and task prioritization
• Formal education in building web interfaces and SQL databases
• At least 2 years of direct experience building web interfaces and SQL databases
• This is an independent position within the team, so a self-starter who gets work done with minimal supervision is required
• Able to effectively communicate with all members of the team
• English fluency - written and spoken
• Advanced skills in Microsoft software suite, in particular MS SQL and MS Visual Studio, as well as Excel
This is a full-time contract position offering a competitive salary. To apply, please submit your resume with an introductory cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date