Purchasing and Supply Planner
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
Supply Planning & Inventory Management
- Develop and obtain approval for inventory targets based on market and business objectives
- Communicate and cooperate with Supply Operations to ensure availability meets local demand (in scope: mature standard products, for products subject to introduction and end of life-cycle see separate bullets)
- Keep excess Stock at a minimum; includes excess and obsolete inventory analysis followed by execution
- Manage and execute the reshuffle potential, i.e. consolidation of inventories through re-shuffling actions within own Region or recommendations of such when potential is across Regions
- Re-order to inventory; creating re-order proposals, validating results for reasonableness and re-ordering according to defined distribution models and in line with demand and forecasts available
- Maintenance of a Supply Chain Matrix (ref. Auto Sourcing) in line with the optimal distribution model
- Control and follow up suppliers in order to meet agreed and confirmed delivery dates; per purchase order and includes updating of purchase orders accordingly
- Support Finance when needed on supplier invoice control, hereunder approval of and discrepancies attached to Supplier invoices
- Monitor Supplier Performance and work with Strategic Procurement in their Supplier follow-up (includes production of supplier performance reports when requested)
- Assist and support Strategic Procurement in the initial purchase of new products (includes configuration, palletizing, min order quantity, etc.
- Participate, contribute and execute assigned actions – hereunder projected inventory levels - attached to the phase in of “new” products
- Participate, contribute and execute assigned actions attached to the phase out of “old” products
- Pro-actively monitor increase or decrease in demand of products and advise/verify with counter parts
- Actively follow up standard KPI measurement reports and create agreed additional KPI reports and provide miscellaneous analytical support attached to inventory management
- Actively participate in any structured and results-driven process to improve inventory efficiency over time
- Create and maintenance all basic data attached to - and important for - order processing and re-ordering (service levels, preferred suppliers, lead-times and other inputs required)
- Responsible to ensure that practices at all times comply with the regulatory approvals, permits and certification for all products and services within the defined quality, labour conditions, health, safety & environmental systems, procedures and business practices of the organisation
- Any other responsibility put forward by Manager not covered by this job specification form (within reasonable limits)
- Bachelors’ degree or a professional certification from APICS or CIPS. Candidates with a diploma/technical college education with more than 5 years of experience are welcome to apply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Supply Chain planning
- Demonstrate strong understanding of supply chain and/or logistics and distribution methods
- Proven ability to manage different ways of working and managing complexity
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Good written and oral skills in English.
- Proficiency in one of the following enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, such as SAP, Oracle Netsuite, Sage or IFS
- Knowledge in managing Dangerous Goods (DG) logistics (IATA DGR and/or IMDG) would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge in continuous improvement methodology and tools
- Experience in data analytics or use of Business Intelligence (BI) tools, such as PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau
- Experience in Survitec related markets and business sector
- Closing Date