Purchasing & Supply Planner, China Hub
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- China - Shanghai
- Job Advert Description
1. Supply Planning & Inventory Management
* Develop and obtain approval for inventory targets based on market and business objectives
* Communicate and cooperate with Supply Operations to ensure availability meets local demand (in scope: mature standard products, for products subject to introduction and end of life-cycle see separate bullets)
* Keep excess Stock at a minimum; includes excess and obsolete inventory analysis followed by execution
* Manage and execute the reshuffle potential, i.e. consolidation of inventories through re-shuffling actions within own Region or recommendations of such when potential is across Regions
* Re-order to inventory; creating re-order proposals, validating results for reasonableness and re-ordering according to defined distribution models and in line with demand and forecasts available
* Maintenance of a Supply Chain Matrix (ref. Auto Sourcing) in line with the optimal distribution model
* Control and follow up suppliers in order to meet agreed and confirmed delivery dates; per purchase order and includes updating of purchase orders accordingly
* Support Finance when needed on supplier invoice control, hereunder approval of and discrepancies attached to Supplier invoices
* Monitor Supplier Performance and work with Strategic Procurement in their Supplier follow-up (includes production of supplier performance reports when requested)
* Assist and support Strategic Procurement in the initial purchase of new products (includes configuration, palletizing, min order quantity, etc.
* Participate, contribute and execute assigned actions – hereunder projected inventory levels - attached to the phase in of “new” products
* Participate, contribute and execute assigned actions attached to the phase out of “old” products
* Pro-actively monitor increase or decrease in demand of products and advise/verify with counter parts
* Actively follow up standard KPI measurement reports and create agreed additional KPI reports and provide miscellaneous analytical support attached to inventory management
* Actively participate in any structured and results-driven process to improve inventory efficiency over time
* Create and maintenance all basic data attached to - and important for - order processing and re-ordering (service levels, preferred suppliers, lead-times and other inputs required)
* Responsible to ensure that practices at all times comply with the regulatory approvals, permits and certification for all products and services within the defined quality, labour conditions, health, safety & environmental systems, procedures and business practices of the organisation
* Any other responsibility put forward by Manager not covered by this job specification form (within reasonable limits)
Bachelors’ degree or a professional certification from APICS or CIPS. Candidates with a diploma/technical college education with more than 5 years of experience are welcome to apply.
Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Supply Chain planning
Demonstrate strong understanding of supply chain and/or logistics and distribution methods
Proven ability to manage different ways of working and managing complexity
Ability to influence without formal authority
Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
Good written and oral skills in English.
Proficiency in one of the following enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, such as SAP, Oracle Netsuite, Sage or IFS
Knowledge in managing Dangerous Goods (DG) logistics (IATA DGR and/or IMDG) would be highly desirable.
Knowledge in continuous improvement methodology and tools
Experience in data analytics or use of Business Intelligence (BI) tools, such as PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau
Experience in Survitec related markets and business sector
- Closing Date