Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Belfast
- Job Advert Description
Group Financial Planning & Analysis
- Perform analysis required to understand and challenge the key drivers of variances between monthly actual and latest forecast/budget and prior year for all elements of P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow
- Provide monthly margin analysis by region, sector and product, providing full commentary and KPI summaries, comparing activities to budget and forecasts to explain variances and trends. This will incorporate working with Regional FD’s to ensure full understanding of variances
- Preparation of ad-hoc analysis, interpretation and reporting for Business Partners
- Support the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes, assisting with narrative and sensitivity analysis to evaluate category plans and scenario planning
- Prepare monthly board pack including variance analysis and commentary relating to income statement, balance sheet, cash-flow and performance metrics with a particular emphasis on trading working capital
- Preparation / Review of Financial Business Case to support decision making with regard to R&D projects
- Reconciliation of capitalised R&D spend by BU to Group Accounts
- Sign off Financials at all NPD gateway reviews
- Proactively driving working capital reductions across the Group, through support of regional action plans
- Reporting and variance analysis of key working capital metrics by region
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent) with a strong financial accounting background
- Previous experience within a financial/ accounting role providing analysis and possessing excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills; motivated to deliver a responsive, proactive service, and meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong financial modelling skills, including use of pivot tables and manipulation of significant data.
- Strong presentation skills and superior knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint
- Experience of a multi-currency reporting environment
- Closing Date