Fire Safety Technical Sales Manager
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Canada - Delta, British Columbia
- Job Advert Description
Survitec specializes in the sales, distribution, and servicing of aviation, defense and marine safety & life-saving equipment. We are looking to hire a Fire Safety Technical Sales Manager for our Vancouver office.
Reporting to the Sales Director (direct line) and Service Manager (dotted line), the Fire Safety Technical Sales Manager is responsible for driving sustainable and profitable sales growth throughout Canada (with a strong focus on the local BC market). The role will collaborate closely with customer service, other sales personnel, service personnel, and other relevant commercial and engineering functions across Survitec.
Duties include, but will not be limited to, the following:
· Deliver sustainable and profitable sales growth by selling more to current customers and winning new customers in line with agreed short and long-term plans.
· Sell and promote the Survitec offering, in collaboration with specialist resources when required.
· Build the sales pipeline (“Lead-to-Deal”).
· Co-ordinate newbuild and retrofit projects with customers from the opportunity stage through to project closure.
· Create and maintain a Sales Plan for each relevant account.
· Manage the account teams globally for each account, including yard/owner collaboration on project sales.
· Ensure good and effective collaboration and communication across the sales and service teams.
· Secure maximum buy-in from key customer stakeholders and optimal customer relationships across the sales and service teams.
· Ensure consistent customer communication and coordinated customer activities across the sales and service teams.
· Monitor the customer’s business activities. Obtain, share and act upon relevant customer insights.
· Drive campaigns and other sales and marketing initiatives.
· Manage the customer contracting, including seeking required approvals prior to offering.
· Review the sales pipeline, top-line revenue, margin performance and initiate corrective actions.
· Set ambitious targets together with the Sales Director & Service Manager.
· Ensure current and accurate data in the CRM application (Salesforce).
· Secure adherence to the Survitec compliance policy.
· Provide market feedback on offer development opportunities to the sales team.
· Contribute to the development of sales strategies and plans.
· Work with the local team of Service Technicians in support of the delivery of previous contracts won.
· Support local Technician team in helping them to gain more knowledge on basic installation schemes.
· Support the Service Manager in making sure that our product & service offering matches our internal ops capabilities and as needed help the local technical team with new training planning.
· Marine (or other relevant) engineering degree, or at least 5 years of experience in a similar fire safety technical sales position.
· Sales experience.
· Proven negotiation skills.
· Commercial mind-set.
· Results oriented.
· Ability to collaborate in teams.
· Ability to work independently by planning and organizing own work.
· Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with customers. Good communicator at all levels.
· “Can do” attitude combined with high level of ambition and strong desire for success.
· Good command of English (verbal and written).
· IT literate with experience in Excel, MS Office, CRM systems, etc.
This is a full-time regular position based out of our Canadian headquarters located at 1689 Cliveden Avenue, Delta, BC.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter that introduces yourself and briefly outlines your experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date