Fire Safety Service Shop Technician
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Logistics, Technical/R&D
- Canada - Delta, British Columbia
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is looking to hire a Fire Safety Service Shop Technician for our operation located in Delta (on Annacis Island).
The Fire Safety Service Shop Technician is responsible for conducting hands-on day-to-day service work and related tasks to these operations, such as service record keeping and logistical support. Activities performed under this function are focused on servicing fire safety equipment (such as fire extinguishers) and hydro testing and filling compressed gas cylinders. An individual at the starting stage of their Fire Safety Service career would be ideally suited for this position.
Duties include, but will not be limited to, the following:
· Performing assigned service and repair work in full compliance with the various service manuals and procedures, applicable service bulletins, company policies and procedures, customer requirements and Supervisor’s instructions.
· Service and repair work includes (but is not limited to):
· Receiving and inspecting customers goods
· Generating work sheets/orders to ensure traceability
· Pulling parts from stores and documenting accordingly for billing purposes
· Servicing fire safety equipment
· Package completed equipment for pick up or in preparation for shipment
· Keeping accurate records during the performance of service work, ensuring complete and proper information flow between the service operation and the administrative team.
· Potentially joining Fire Safety Road Technicians on field jobs in case they require such support.
· Ensuring that all services performed are appropriately logged on the applicable electronic and / or paper means of record keeping (i.e. checklists).
· Keeping the service shop and Company owned or leased tools, equipment and delivery vehicle(s) in clean and organized condition.
· Inform the Fire Safety Service Manager immediately in case you become aware of any breakdown in service quality or any health and safety related issue.
· Occasional travel for training purposes may be required in this function.
· Mechanically inclined
· Physically fit - some heavy lifting is required
· Strong interest in Fire Safety Service work
· Experience in the Fire Safety industry is considered an asset, but not required
· ASTT certification in fire extinguishers would be an asset
You are furthermore expected to have a positive and pro-active attitude towards customers and colleagues. Teamwork is the key to the operation’s effectiveness and efficiency. As a Fire Safety Service Shop Technician, you are expected to proactively take part in the teamwork culture.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter that introduces yourself and briefly outlines your experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.