Senior Communications Executive
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Birkenhead
- Job Advert Description
Based at the Group Head Office in Birkenhead and working for the Group Marketing Director in a small corporate team, the main purpose of the role will be to deliver the Corporate and Internal Communications strategy. Principally:
- Work with the group marketing director to ensure alignment and a consistency of messaging across internal / external campaigns.
- Create and manage a series of high quality and professional internal communications materials for multi-channel use including company webcasts, newsletters, Yammer etc.
- Assist the team by working with our PR agency to create and deliver materials that support our ambition to be an industry thought leader and expert.
- Manage communication activities across the business, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure all communications are aligned. Measure effectiveness and implement improvements
- Writing, editing and publishing creative copy and content for external social media channels and managing the company’s content strategy with input from awide range of subject matter experts
- Working with the website assistant, you will be responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the corporate sections of our company website
- Manage the Employee Engagement Survey & Action Plans working alongside a professional agency & the HR Director
- Support the delivery of strategic transformation projects, working with stakeholders to deliver timely, targeted, creative and effective communications. For example, roll out of new HR system, finance integration projects, IT systems upgrades etc
- Support and produce materials required by the leadership team for internal and external events which support and reinforce the brand story and brand values
Skills and Knowledge
- Educated to UK Graduate level or equivalent experience
- Able to produce high quality presentation and written materials that support business requirements
- A natural flair for creative, engaging and professional business content.
- Understanding of content management strategy and social media channels
- Manage assigned budget including preparation, monitoring, reviewing and reporting
- Manage agencies and multiple senior stakeholders
- Able to network and immerse into the business, natural curiosity to learn, improve and add value
- Strong focus on attention to detail, including extensive vocabulary, spelling and grammar and a great eye for design
- Knowledge and experience of corporate and internal communication management across a range of media
- Experience in incorporating and encouraging brand values and behaviours through communications
- Experience of developing and implementing employee engagement programs
- Working on communication initiatives to support change programmes
- Excellent track record of planning, budgeting and strategy implementation including experience of channel strategy and audience segmentation
- Managing people would be a bonus
- Closing Date