- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Logistics, Production
- Canada - Delta, British Columbia
- Job Advert Description
Survitec has an opening for a Stores Assistant, who will assist the Stores Supervisor with comprehensive inventory management. We are looking for someone who has the skills to develop with the company by potentially moving into the position of Stores Supervisor as a mid-term development plan.
Duties include, but will not be limited to, the following:
· Responsible for inventory control, from receiving to issuing, using Microsoft Navision ERP.
· Unload, receive, and stock incoming parts.
· Gather parts per job instructions and make kits as required for sales orders and production manufacturing orders.
· Produce sub-assemblies as needed.
· Keep the production schedule up to date with the parts status for each scheduled job, describing if the jobs are fully kitted or if they have parts shortages.
· Maintain the parts re-order list, as this is the primary communication to the Purchasing Department.
· Communicate with the Purchasing Department on parts shortages and expediting requirements.
· Communicate with the Sales Department regarding parts status on sales orders.
· High School Diploma plus additional post-secondary education is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
· Computer literate in an ERP system environment (Microsoft Navision preferred), or proven ability to quickly learn new programs.
· Previous experience with warehousing / inventory is preferred.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with complete accuracy.
· Strong attention to detail is essential.
· Experience working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Good English language skills, both verbal & written.
· Ability and willingness to work overtime hours when required.
· Physically able to perform warehouse manual labour duties, such as kneeling and lifting.
· Must be able to drive a forklift. Possession of forklift operator certification is an asset. Training will otherwise be provided.
This is a full-time permanent position offering a competitive hourly wage, plus extended benefits after 3 months of employment. The work schedule is Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter that introduces yourself and briefly outlines your experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date