Field Engineer (Flight Equipment)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - South Carolina
- Job Advert Description
F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Pilot Flight Equipment Field Engineer
Reporting to the JSF Pilot Fit Facility Manager located at Beaufort MCAS, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Pilot Flight Equipment Field Engineer for the Pilot Fit Facility operations will insure the Pilot Flight Equipment (PFE) utilized for all below the neck JSF PFE is serviceable, built up, and properly fitted.
What Will You Do?
- Meet scheduled pilots for fitting pilot flight equipment to pilots
- Conduct sizing; measure pilots for below the neck pilot flight equipment
- Input critical sizing data into AGILE Plus systems and monitor progress
- Meet all contractual obligations of the Performance Base Logistic (PBL) contract
- Insure pilot flight equipment is ready for issue to meet Pilot Fitting Schedules
- Build-up of pilot flight equipment
- Ensure comfort, safety and functionality of the pilot flight equipment as required for integration into the F-35 ejection seat.
- Proficient in sewing flight clothing using industrial sewing machines, use of hot tape machines, and able to perform functional pressure test of devices required for operational test.
- All tasks are to be accomplished in accordance with JSF PFE Maintenance Plan.
- Ensure internal and external customers are satisfied.
- Other duties as assigned by the JSF Pilot Fit Facility Manager.
- Meetings and/or teleconference calls regarding pilot flight equipment fitting
- Inventory of pilot flight equipment
- Updating documentation data base systems of pilot flight equipment records
- Ensure job role-specific disciplines of standards, such as but not limited to ISO9001, are maintained
- Ensure product meets quality standard requirements.
- Work with Senior Field Engineer to ensure open lines of communication and notification of issues and shortages.
What Do We Need from You?
- Minimum of 10 years’ Military Service related Aircrew Flight Equipment
- Associate Degree in Survival and Rescue Operations or similar degree / certification preferred
- High school diploma required
Experience in creating and working with the following Microsoft Office applications:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of arithmetic
- Knowledge of the functionality and experience with measuring tools
- Knowledge of the functionality of industrial sewing and hot tape machines
- Knowledge and understanding of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words and proper grammar
- Proficient in the use of industrial sewing machines, hot tape machines, and able to perform functional pressure test of devices required for operational test.
- Skilled in all methods of verbal, oral and written communication
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Take initiative to identify and solve problems
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to recommend the most appropriate course of action
- Communicate effectively and interact with student pilots.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
E-mail your resume along with salary requirements
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date