Safety Service Technician (SGUK418)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Dartford, UK - Gosport
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are seeking a Fire Safety Service Technician to conduct Fire Safety Services in designated port locations across the UK and Europe - Experience in firefighting systems, fire detection, breathing apparatus and portable firefighting equipment is necessary, with associated training certificates.
- Communicate technical deficiencies or improvement notices.
- Carry out inspection/repair of firefighting systems, including extinguishers, escape sets, BA sets and cylinders, medical oxygen systems and resuscitators, and CO2 systems.
- Carry out inspection/repair of immersion suits.
- Attend training courses in the UK and overseas as required.
- Assist local management with follow up and corrective actions as necessary.
- Responsible for following Survitec Safety Solutions quality standards and Safety Service Concept routines according to corporate objectives when executing service work.
- Responsible for following Survitec Safety Solutions safety standards, safety guidelines when working onboard, safety guidelines when working in the workshop and other relevant safety standards valid at place of work.
- Follow all Survitec Safety Solutions Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’S) at all times.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in firefighting systems, fire detection, breathing apparatus and portable firefighting equipment, with associated training certificates.
- A basic understanding of technical drawings.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- An engineering background would be an advantage, both mechanical and electrical.
- Ideally have a background in the marine/offshore industry.
- Have the ability to communicate, both written and orally, in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to travel to other company locations as required.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages.
- Closing Date