Pattern/Garment Technologist (SGUK417)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Gosport
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are currently sourcing a Pattern/Garment Technologist to support “New Product Development” within a dynamic design department at the forefront of performance watersport products. The successful applicant will be responsible for pattern and grading work, water sport garments and marine safety equipment.
- To apply modification/updates to existing patterns, pattern and sample log.
- Carry out sizing and fit checks.
- Produce graded patterns for garments and soft good products.
- Design and engineer marine safety products, marine clothing and associated products.
- Work with quality teams to ensure products are made to the standard required.
- Work with design teams assisting in product specifications detail.
- Help facilitate right first time every time.
- Liaise with manufacturing sites assisting product hand over.
- Maintain good understanding of materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Follow and adhere to QMS processes.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role with a good understanding of fit, form and function.
- Capable of detailing and understanding information and design ideas.
- Be keen to innovate, bring results and form a valued team member within a mid-sized enterprise.
- Be a team player with a focus on customer requirements.
- Able to demonstrate effective project management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines and targets.
- Good ability to communicate, both written and verbally.
- IT skills including Gerber, CorelDraw, Adobe suite, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Experience with Gerber/Accumark.
- Be creative and innovative, with a keen eye for style and detail.
- Be conversant in a range of manufacturing techniques within the garment sector.
- Closing Date