Service Technician Liferafts (Packer/Assembler of Liferafts)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Houston
- Job Advert Description
- Disassembly, testing, inspection, and packing of life rafts.
- Ensure all inspection, testing and maintenance work is carried out fully in accordance with the instructions issued by the Management and to Solas Regulations and, where appropriate, the Client’s Risk Management Advisor.
- The identification of all defects arising from inspection and their subsequent repair in accordance with manufacturer approved guidelines.
- Testing and assembly of cylinders as required.
- Completes all checklists, forms and reports as required in accordance with regulations and procedures in an accurate and legible manner.
- Ensures equipment is actioned against any Service Bulletins.
- Services other safety equipment as required.
- Responsible for the accuracy of correct components and quantity of components packaged.
- Required to cross-check components packaged.
- Knowledge of various types of packing methods for different life raft designs.
- Transport of goods and tools as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum High School education or equivalent required.
- Basic math required
- Basic reading and spelling of English language required
- ISO 9001 experience preferred
- Knowledge of marine Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) / United States Coast Guard (USCG) standards preferred.
- Closing Date