Trainee Service Technician (SGUK423)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Glasgow
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are seeking a Trainee Service Technician, based in Glasgow, to ensure that all aspects of Tooling equipment is tested and inspected in accordance with the required standards and requirements.
- Perform routine servicing and maintenance of tooling to the highest possible standards ensuring all customer goods are safe & fit for use before return.
- Being responsible for maintaining Electrical/Air tooling records within our CSAM system (Tool Management System).
- Liaise with operations and sales on a continual basis to ensure customer tooling issues are resolved and work is turned around within customer requested time lines.
- Ensure stock control procedures are followed and accurate recording of parts
- Liaise with clients on or off site to ensure good customer relations and service.
- Ensure all work carried out is as per company H&S and QA policy guidelines and procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers on technical support.
- Liaise with Stores to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and health and safety of work areas is maintained to avoid possible near miss incidents or accidents.
- Calibration ensure equipment is returned for recalibration at prescribed intervals by liaising with Operations Management.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally have experience/knowledge of the industry and its related products, although this is not essential.
- Ideally trained to HNC level.
- Ideally have experience in the servicing of tooling equipment, although this is not essential.
- Have a flexible approach regards working hours, and the ability to work extra hours if required.
- Have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, via all means of communication (written and verbally).
- Have excellent organisation skills and awareness of the requirement for efficient time planning.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and targets.
- Have the ability to work within a team or on their own with minimal guidance.
- Closing Date