Technical Sales & Service Manager (SGUK433)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Operations, Sales
- UK - Birkenhead, UK - Gosport
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are seeking a Technical Sales and Service Manager, based in either Birkenhead or Gosport, to manage and lead the technical sales and service initiative for the key functions of Servicing (to include, but not limited to MES, life rafts & fire) and Technical Sales (MES, life rafts, fire and rope).
The Technical Sales and Service Manager will work with the Head of Customer Services, Senior Sales, Operational Management and the wider team to achieve budgeted turnover and margin targets by creating and pursuing business strategies whilst upholding the company’s values and vision.
- Create and deliver sales forecasts, goals and objectives, operating to agreed business plans, budgets and targets across the portfolio of product groups and accounts served by the company and in particular under the specific responsibility of the role.
- Develop and implement an effective technical sales strategy plan for the business, whilst constantly monitoring performance and customer specific strategic and operational factors to ensure that current and reliable intelligence is fed back into the business.
- Maintain current knowledge of all Survitec products including other business sectors such as Industrial, Aviation and Energy.
- Act as the Marine product specialist and effectively communicate and support all relevant teams relating to the development of the business in the Marine sector.This will include a working knowledge of current market legislation such as MCA notices and guidelines.
- Provide support as required to the commercial bid proposals and tender submission teams.
- Analyse competitor business activities and devise strategies to secure additional market opportunities to maximise business potential.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure most suitable products are available for introduction to the company and ensure that Survitec remain in a strong, innovative position in the market.
- Build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally with the wider teams ensuring that performance is optimised, and that the sales team are supported, motivated and directed towards meeting sales targets and objectives; whilst remaining responsive to the dynamic market place.
- Provide the senior level point of customer contact for the role in relation to technical sales and service and remain proactive that the all key customers are looked after and that the company is responsive to addressing their needs.
- Monitor market conditions and activity, support strategic initiatives in sales and operations and ensure that reporting and information is passed to the line manager and relevant staff.
- Generally adopt a ‘no surprises’ approach to reporting and communicating with the Sales Director and other Senior Managers and be prepared to challenge the norm in a constructive and proactive manner.
- Support the price list development and work with the procurement team to set about a robust and annual pricing strategy as required by the needs of the business.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the marine safety business is essential.
- Experience of working within the sales and/or service sector of the marine industry is essential.
- Be an excellent team player as well as having the ability to plan and work independently.
- Be educated to degree level or have the necessary experience and technical ability to install, service, maintain and deploy complex safety systems.
- Be familiar with and have practical experience with CRM systems (SalesForce preferred) and be proficient in the use of Microsoft software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Be comfortable at working at board level with large organisations as well as with small independent companies.
- Have a solid business acumen and ensure the Survitec values (safety, customers, people, excellence, innovation and integrity) are at the core of everything you do.
- Closing Date