Technical Support Engineer
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Birkenhead
- Job Advert Description
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Compilation of technical information and documentation in accordance with current working practices to support manufacture in the production environment.
- Product pattern design using CAD Software.
- Create cut files to support manufacture.
- Deputise for the Lead Design Engineer at Technical/Operations meetings as required.
- Work to standards applicable to the business such as DAOS, ISO 9001, AS9100, CAA, MAA, etc.
- Participate in maturity gate reviews.
- Preparation of design documentation.
- Check detailed sectional drawing and general assembly drawings.
- Apply Design for Manufacture (DFM) riles to facilitate manufacture of products.
- Work to the design process flow and adhere to related company procedures.
- Ability to facilitate and carry out change control on existing products.
- Generate technical documentations, specifications and production manufacturing aids to support the manufacture of Survitec product.
- Provide technical manufacturing support to all departments within the company as requested.
- Ensure that production support related documentation is compiled and stored appropriately in accordance with company procedures.
- Organize, plan, carry out and document allocated production support tasks in order to achieve targets within agreed production timescales.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors and represent the company during off site technical activities as requested.
- To ensure that all production support activities are conducted in accordance with company procedures.
- To ensure Health and Safety disciplines within the Technical Department are adhered to.
- To ensure the 5S disciplines are implemented and maintained
The Preferred candidate with have gained experience in a manufacturing or product design environment within the aerospace / Pilot flight Equipment / automotive sectors. We will consider candidates who have experience of product design / production with the garment manufacturing sector, where production is completed to highly specified engineered specifications and tolerances.
A recognised qualification in Mechanical design / or garment design would be advantageous
- Closing Date