Finance Director, Singapore
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
This position forms an integral part of the Senior Management team with specific responsibility for the full mix of financial management and reporting for the Singapore group of companies. Provide Financial Leadership for the sites and group, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, controls and analysis for operational purposes. This position will also be responsible for leading the Finance team and performing on-going talent development of its members.
Report directly to MD Singapore, with dotted line to the APAC Finance Director.
- Provide financial leadership and advice, along with general business counsel to contribute to the achievement of company objectives
- Drive KPI reporting and develop a strong pro-active approach to business analysis and detailed management information
- Ensure that there are adequate systems & controls to maintain the integrity of the accounting information, safeguard company assets and maximise financial performance
- Ensure a robust month end close and reporting procedure and that all financials are reported within the Group timetable to a high standard
- Work with multi-functional teams to drive reduction in Working Capital, ensuring appropriate process controls are implemented and adhered to
- Seek out areas of improvement and develop the team and function to ensure the provision of an efficient, user-friendly financial management service
- Prepare and manage budget and business plan and provide detailed forecasts against plan
- Identify and drive efficiencies in Working Capital levels, maximising operational cash conversion across the businesses
- Oversee the external audit; review & analyse results and recommend for approval the audited financial statements
- Any other projects, as required, by the Group/APAC Finance Director or Vice President of the region.
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA/ACMA or equivalent) with a strong financial accounting background and have significant post qualification experience.
- Significant experience in a financial leadership role with both operational control and financial planning and analysis experience.
- This person will have led financial budgeting processes.
- Strong people management skills,
- Experience of successfully leading a finance function through a systems and cultural change program.
- Must be able to demonstrate business acumen and commercial focus
- Experience of working closely with other functions to manage costs and support the overall business strategy.
- Strong awareness of developments of accounting standards
- Must possess excellent organisational and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of commitment and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexible in order to meet the ongoing requirements of the group
- Superior communication skills including the ability to influence people and manage outcomes
- Practical hands on style of management
- Self motivation, self-direction and ability to prioritise
- Financial / commercial acumen
- Integrity & professionalism
- Good computer IT skills and well versed in excel macro functions is an advantage.
- Additional Documentation
- Closing Date