Warehouse & Logistics Manager
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
To provide the required leadership, direction and management for the warehousing and logistics distribution function (excluding servicing operations), to deliver against annually agreed goals and objectives for the Singapore Hub. The immediate challenge is to stabilize the supply network out of Singapore, with a strong drive towards Supply Chain Excellence through Continuous Improvement Initiatives and Developing Best Practices.
• Ensure full delivery of the related goals on the Singapore & Southeast Asia.
• This is an exciting opportunity for the incumbent to be exposed to various parts of the business within the Company, learning more about the end-to-end supply chain and to make an impact to the business.
• To provide the required leadership, direction and management for the warehousing and logistics distribution function, to deliver against annually agreed goals and objectives for Singapore.
• To manage the team and to ensure delivery of best in class performance against several key metrics for warehousing and logistics.
• Support the inventory reduction programme with clear strategy and action plans.
• To measure, monitor and report on warehousing performance monthly, using the templates provided, both accurately and on a timely basis. Key metrics would include stock accuracy, warehouse throughput and utilization, and operating costs.
• Close cooperation with the various stakeholders including Customer Service and Operations team to ensure total alignment and delivery of the best performance possible, particularly On-Time, In-Full performance.
• Possess strong drive towards supply chain excellence through continuous improvement initiatives and developing best practices.
• Instigate, drive, measure and report on processes and initiatives as required in support of the warehousing and logistics metrics for Singapore.
• Act as the subject matter expert for logistics and distribution processes in Singapore and South East Asia region.
• Provide guidance to site management on best practices related to import/export processes, customs laws and regulations
• Negotiate, administer, and review service agreements with carriers, customs brokers and transportation service providers.
• Conducts analysis of alternate methods of transportation and programs, along with projected cost and service improvements.
• To ensure that standard format contracts/ agreements are in place for all critical suppliers and logistic service providers with all necessary clauses
• Development of KPI measurement reports and timely reporting to management team.
• Lead the continuous improvement process to drive supply chain operations excellence
• Responsible to ensure that practices at all times comply with the regulatory approvals, permits and certification for all products and services within the defined quality, labour conditions, health, safety & environmental systems, procedures and business practices of the organization.
• Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Warehousing and Logistics Management, ideally with broad experience in land/ air/ sea freight modes of operations.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of inventory management and network distribution modelling techniques.
• Experience in implementing best practice in terms of global freight, transportation and logistics.
• Proven ability to manage different ways of working, dealing with ambiguity and complexity.
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of APAC Customs Laws and regulations added advantage.
• Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to get buy-in across multiple stakeholders in a functional matrix organization.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Additional Documentation
- Closing Date