- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Administration / Support
- USA - Miami
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
We are seeking to recruit a Service Administrator for our Miramar, Florida office. The Service Administrator reports to the Service Administration Supervisor and supports our cruise and other marine customers by administering and coordinating the servicing of shipboard safety and lifesaving equipment. This support is provided through direct communication with the customer base as well as our global service network, suppliers, and subcontractors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Without limiting the scope of responsibilities, the following tasks are considered to be the main duties of this function:
- Administer all activities in the company’s ERP system (IFS)
- Determine pricing, availability and capability; generate required documentation to proceed to quote
- Proactive due date monitoring and quoting on future service requirements
- Maximize quote value by ensuring all services and spares are offered in the quotation phase
- Schedule and organize service delivery based on confirmed customer orders
- Issue POs to subcontractors and suppliers as needed to complete service activities contracted by customers
- Support Service Technicians by: Coordinating and booking travel - flights, hotels, local transportation; preparing all required documentation such as marine travel forms, statements for customs and immigration purposes, etc.; ensuring boarding arrangements are confirmed with vessel, customer office and local port authorities as required; coordinating tools, parts and equipment required for the job, ensuring availability on the job site
- Gather information required to help investigation and resolution in invoice dispute
- Follow up on complaints and non-compliances, utilizing the improvement/complaint system
- Escalate customer feedback on technical, service quality, and commercial issues to the Service Administration Supervisor and Operations Manager, if support is required for resolution
- Move job status and related paperwork through the system expediently to support timely invoicing and cash collection
- Coordinate tools, parts and equipment required for the job, ensuring availability on the job site
- Generate delivery notes and invoices
- Experience in the marine industry (preferably cruise) with technical understanding of safety and lifesaving equipment is greatly preferred
- A technical aptitude is required
- Able to comfortably suggest products and services to attach to the ongoing enquiries
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organization
- English fluency – written and spoken
- Confidence and ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Must be very comfortable using a variety of computer systems and software including Excel, Word, Outlook, and company-specific systems
- Proactive and able to progress work independently, while following direction from the Supervisor to achieve team goals and remain in line with overall team direction
- Keen attention to detail is required
- Must be able and willing to work overtime when necessary to fulfill customer requirements
This is a full-time, non-exempt position (eligible for overtime pay). We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurances, 401(k) (Pre-Tax and Roth) with company match and contribution, vacation and 10 holidays.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
To apply, please submit your resume with an introductory cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date