Demand Planner (SGUK456)
- Position Type
- Full-time contract / temporary
- Business Area / Division
- Supply Chain
- UK - Grimsby
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are currently seeking two Demand Planners to join the Supply Chain team on a fixed term basis until 31 December 2019.
The role holders will be responsible for the management of MRP solutions to support the demand planning of customer orders. Analysis and reporting of all inventory stock levels for Survitec Service and Distribution EMEA and UK/Scandinavia sites and effectively implement and continuous improvement of appropriate stock management tools and techniques.
- Analysis of all inventory part codes throughout the Marine Services and Distribution region and creation of inventory KPIs to support the business e.g. inventory turn, stock-outs, slow moving inventory, inventory value, inventory type etc.
- Development and communication of Inventory Reports that will identify duplication and support the business in reducing and controlling stock levels via increased inventory turns, whilst minimising stock outs.
- Utilising sales forecasts, spend data and historical inventory movement, review the demand of all inventory items on a regular basis and recommend/implement adjustments to reflect variations in requirement.
- Forecast levels of demand for products to meet the business needs and requirements against given lead-times.
- Identify demand panning issues and take appropriate corrective and preventative measures to resolve.
- Identify and report slow moving items that have excess inventory and aged stock items and report finding to the Planning and Inventory Manager.
- Responsible for the implementation of the day to day MRP processes to support the wider business.
- Work with and contribute towards the Supply Chain function development and improvement.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience working in a similar role.
- Have 5 years demand planning experience.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and targets.
- Able to manage own workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Have a good degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office packages including intermediate or advanced excel.
- Experience in the use of ERP/MRP systems.
- Able to travel to other company sites/locations within Europe.
- Closing Date