- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - London
- Job Advert Description
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance professional seeking to explore broader business opportunities outside of a traditional Finance environment. As a Business Analyst, based in the London office (EC2A 1AS) you will report to the Group Business Development Director and will play a key part in the financial planning and analysis of Survitec’s strategic growth initiatives.
The post-holder will take responsibility for delivering the Business Development function’s financial business information, forecasts and plans, and for providing information and cost/benefit analysis to inform strategic decision making. You will work closely with Survitec’s central and divisional Finance teams to ensure alignment and continuity between Survitec’s’ growth and financial control priorities. You will provide a joined-up view for strategic forecasts and analysis, whilst providing finance knowledge and insight on a range business inputs.
In this role you will support the Business Development Director and Project Management Office (PMO) ensuring that governance, integrity and controls are established, maintained and strengthened in relation to Group strategic projects and are aligned with the Group’s financial priorities.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitoring financial performance of the Group’s strategic projects, managing associated cost centres and budgets, tracking business case costs and benefits realisation. Provide analysis and commentaries regarding movements between forecasts and actuals when required
- Holding regular reviews with budget holders in line with latest estimates to the PMO
- Providing analysis, information and presentations that link financial reports to delivering strategy
- Support to annual budget, forecast & 5-year planning cycle and reporting where required
- Data gathering, financial modelling, scenario analysis and regular report generation to help those in the organization making strategic decisions
- Looking for opportunities to support budget holders to reduce spend where appropriate to help contribute towards business targets
- Cross functional working across the business to ensure that financial forecasts embed the latest operational plans and aspirations
- Prepare regular financial reports to support strategic decision making and delivery of the Group’s longer-term objectives, working in partnership across Survitec’s divisional and functional teams as required.
- Analysis of competitor and industry analysis reports
- Working closely with the Strategy Manager on commercial duties.
Skills & Knowledge
We are looking for someone with ~5 years’ experience in a consultancy, transaction services, audit or head office finance team. The successful candidate will be a finance professional with a high-quality academic background and a proven track record of achievement.Experience with budgeting, forecasting and producing financial models.M&A experience desirable but not essential.
- Qualified accountant with an appropriate professional body
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or similar - completed audit or banking graduate program, or similar, would be preferred
- Detailed knowledge of budgetary and control issues and the ability to apply them together with a commercial awareness to understand impact of the numbers
- Ability to analyse complex financial information and explain it clearly
- Good communication skills with ability to convey financial information to non-finance managers
- Proactive in suggesting and driving through improvements in the way the department operates
- Able to manage heavy workload and prepared to work outside of normal core hours to meet crucial reporting deadlines
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders
- Confidence to communicate in a succinct manner with senior executives
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail.
- Closing Date