- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Netherlands - Rotterdam
- Job Advert Description
Responsible for all tactical Purchasing activities related to the relevant Site or Category requirements for the Benelux Region. Raise Official Purchase Orders via given method and against business demand and liaise with the supplier base to ensure delivery of products. Ensure correct policies and procedures are adhered to at all times. Support Site and Category sourcing activities, as appropriate.
Since this is a local position within the Netherlands the native language needs to be Dutch.
* Raise all Purchase Orders for Site or Category requirements and replenishment. Create via relevant stock management tools and / or end user techniques. (Inventory / Indirect / Direct)
* Confirm purchase order processing is conducted via the appropriate strategic method (i.e. blanket, call off, etc…)
* Support Site “ back to back “ sourcing activities via Approved Suppliers and process. (Critical / non-Critical)
* Ensure all Purchase Orders raised reflect demand and forecasted requirements against agreed stock levels and order quantities
* Manage local supplier relationships for the tail spend not covered by existing agreements. In addition to, and including, internal Sales, Operations and Supply Chain Department interactions
* Track supplier’s delivery performance and communicate late deliveries based on business risk and impact
* Review supplier order acknowledgements for accuracy and action as necessary
* Monitor outstanding deliveries against agreed delivery date. Expedite with suppliers when required and communicate all potential issues to internal customers / stakeholders
* Resolve Supplier Invoicing queries, including unit cost, quantity received, freight charges and part number
* Point of contact for the (local) creation and reintroduction of new and approved Suppliers (Critical / Non-Critical)
* Key Stakeholder Management with Site Sales and Operations function. Strong support and reliable interaction
* Monitor and control local Indirect spend
* Work with and contribute towards the Procurement function development and improvement
* Responsible for abiding by the Employee Handbook and any supplementary memos and rules pertaining to your employment.
* Responsible for abiding by the company Health, Safety and Environment manual and any supplementary memos and rules pertaining to your employment.
* Responsible for assisting with the identification of your own training needs and raising these accordingly.
* Responsible for undertaking training, and continuing development as appropriate.
* To assist, where appropriate, with addressing the training needs of colleagues.
* To carry out any other reasonable duties deemed appropriate and commensurate with the post
* Monthly interaction to discuss and review progress against agreed timelines and targets, In addition to close out of any agreed solutions to given issues raised.
Site Visits and Meeting Attendance:
* Occasional Site visits may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role
* Travel to Antwerp/Ostend will be required on an ad-hoc basis and when required
- Closing Date