Lead Service Engineer
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Netherlands - Rotterdam
- Job Advert Description
To lead and support the Service Engineers who form part of your Team and successfully execute all service, repair and maintenance work in a safe, professional, efficient and profitable manner. To act as a Company Representative & Focal Point while on site, liaising with Client Representatives and Class Surveyors with regard to technical queries and solutions.
· Ensure that all service, repair, maintenance, installation and testing work is carried out fully in accordance with the instructions issued by the Operations Department, where applicable to current SOLAS Regulations or to Clients specific requirements.
· Ensure that all stated mobilisation and check in arrangements are achieved.
· Ensure that all work is carried out in a manner which is safe, efficient and cost effective.
· Ensure that there is continual and measurable improvement in the service offered to Customers and in the manner in which the work is carried out.
· Ensure that all work areas are left in a safe, clean, tidy and fully operational condition.
· Ensure that the goals, objectives and targets set by the Operations Department are achieved.
· Ensure that all relevant reports/documentation relating to any job is completed in an accurate and legible manner and passed to the Operations Department on return from every job.
· Ensure that all Service Engineers who form part of your team are adequately supervised and given all necessary support and guidance.
· Ensure familiarisation and compliance with the requirements of the Competence Management System.
· Ensure that any identified training and competency needs of the Service Engineers who form part of your team are passed to the Operations Department.
· Identify and capture any additional work opportunities wherever and whenever possible.
· Ensure familiarisation and compliance with the requirements of the Quality and Health and Safety Management Systems.
· Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct health and safety and environmental behaviours at any work location.
· Ensure that “best practices” are identified and implemented.
· Ensure that a Task Based Risk Assessment is carried out prior to undertaking any new or difficult task and that all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or possible risk that may be identified. Ensure that all personnel involved are made aware of actual or potential risks.
· Ensure Operations Department are immediately notified of any accidents, incidents or near misses and that these are recorded on an Accident / Incident Report Form and passed to the Operations Department as soon as practicable.
· In all cases the Operations Department must be notified of any situation or activity which is considered to be unsafe or potentially unsafe.
· Responsible for abiding by the Employee Handbook and any supplementary memos and rules pertaining to your employment.
· Responsible for abiding by the company Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment manual and any supplementary memos and rules pertaining to your employment.
· Responsible for assisting with the identification of your own training needs and raising these accordingly.
· Responsible for undertaking training, and continuing development as appropriate.
· To assist, where appropriate, with addressing the training needs of colleagues.
· To carry out any other reasonable duties deemed appropriate and commensurate with the post.
· Where applicable, responsible for abiding by SOP 266 Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (Human) – WDA(H) and perform relevant tasks contained within the procedure in line with training competencies set by Line Manager.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
· SSC Lifeboat, LRRS and Launching Appliance Service Engineer Competence Award.
· Recognised qualification relating to mechanical / lifeboat servicing engineering.
· Extensive experience in the servicing of lifeboats
· Detailed knowledge of a range of Lifeboats, Release Gear, Winch / Davit systems+9.
· Comprehensive knowledge of SOLAS regulations
· Have a proven sense of responsibility and accountability.
· Experience in leading a team of Engineers.
- Closing Date