Business Improvement Manager/Transformation Manager
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- General Management
- Job Advert Description
About the Role:
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director (SEA), you are responsible for reviewing, documenting, developing, improving and sustaining commercial best practices, business processes. You will support the MD to lead SEA through current changes and integration. You will lead SEA’s (Singapore) continuous improvement projects by collaborating with stakeholders.
Benchmarking & Gap Assessment
- From the gap assessment analysis, translate and develop long term road map of initiatives that align with the strategy and goals of the company
Develop & Drive Operational Effectiveness Excellence Initiatives:
- Prepare plans in line with the long-term road map to execute the initiatives through disciplined form of project management and deliver the milestones on the timely manner
- Manage the resource allocation by engaging partnership with other function head and/or region key stakeholders as project leader and/or team members to run the project where these resources have no direct reporting lines as such power to influence is essential
- Act as overall Program Manager to be the champion for the organization in developing, designing and implementing key initiatives in all areas so as to achieve overall operational effectiveness and targets.
- Engage and challenge the project teams/stakeholders to explore all potential ideas, methodologies, techniques, and solutions by thinking outside the box, ultimately shape up the idea with strategic thinking and vision ahead to find the most strategic decision for implementation
- Promote and run campaigns of the changes to the organization in terms of communicating effectively the key objectives, deliverables and measurement so that it is ingrained and reflected in the way of working based on improved business process
Continuous Business Process Improvement:
- Applies industry standard process improvement strategies (such as Lean or Six Sigma).
- Maps and evaluates existing processes as well as designs new processes.
- Regularly provides progress updates to manager and work sponsor/requestor and communicates progress to stakeholders.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Performs cost and benefit analyses and constructs business cases for process improvement opportunities. Presents opportunities for approval to senior leadership.
- Drives successful process improvement programs to achieve strategic objectives.
- Provides consultation on the use of Lean Six Sigma techniques to improve process performance and product quality and end to end customer experience.
- Deploy and drive governance around the implemented initiatives
- Develop and monitor KPI dashboard for regular review and recommend corrective actions with cross function and as well as with local Management Team
- Cross Functional Team Leadership:
- Communicate regularly to regional sales management leadership on regional performance, identify gaps and recommend solutions to achieve the best in class performance
- Work with project managers assigned from various functions/regions whom have no direct reporting lines, where engagement and influencing without power of authority are the key leadership traits
- Coach and empower to drive governance of the implementation
- Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering or in a relevant field
- MBA preferred, but not compulsory
- Minimum 15 years relevant working experience in Service operation-orientated industry or industrial manufacturing environment is preferred
- Thorough understanding of total value chain
- Strategic thinking and experience in P&L responsibility
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management & execution skills
- Worked in organizations with at least 150 people & above
- Self-initiative and ability to propose pragmatic new ideas / approaches
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate effectively with senior management, colleagues and internal/external customers.
- Ability to manage key stakeholders in a large, complex and evolving organization and achieve alignment
- Strong team player to build key stakeholder relationships, developing a continuous improvement culture and facilitating best practice sharing.
- Drive change, result-oriented
- Cultural sensitivity to regions specific local practices
Have the following competencies:
- Financial literacy
- Diagnostic Information, Analytical & Logic Thinking
- Business reporting writing
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- People development & management
- Closing Date