- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Netherlands - Rotterdam
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is looking for a Lead Lifeboat Technician based in Rotterdam.
Are you committed to provide the highest ethical and technical standards,
of safety service to our global customers?
About the company and role
Survitec is the world leader in survival and safety solutions for the navy, defence aviation and offshore market. Every 20 minutes, a Survitec service technician begins work on a new task. we complete more than 21,000 services on all makes and models of fire and safety systems and equipment. As a Lead lifeboat service technician, you will play an important role to ensure that our customers’ vessels and crew remain compliant and safe at all times, by conducting safety services in designated port locations to our global customers. You will lead and support the Service Engineers with successfully execute all service, repair and maintenance work in a safe, professional, efficient and profitable manner. To act as a Company Representative & liaising with Client Representatives and Class Surveyors with regard to technical queries and solutions.
About the role
- Ensure that all service, repair, maintenance, installation and testing work is carried out fully in accordance with the instructions issued by the Operations Department, where applicable to current SOLAS Regulations or to Clients specific requirements.
- Ensure that all relevant reports/documentation relating to any job is completed in an accurate and legible manner and passed to the Operations Department on return from every job.
- Ensure that you are given all necessary support and guidance to the team
- Ensure that any identified training and competency needs of the Service are passed to the Operations Department
- Ensure that a Task Based Risk Assessment is carried out prior to undertaking any new or difficult task and that all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or possible risk that may be identified.
- Ensure that all personnel involved are made aware of actual or potential risks.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct health and safety and environmental behaviours at any work location.
- Ensure that “best practices” are identified and implemented.
- Have a proven sense of responsibility and accountability, you have a service oriented and safety minded approach
- SSC Lifeboat, LRRS and Launching Appliance Service Engineer Competence.
- Recognised qualification relating to mechanical / lifeboat servicing engineering.
- Extensive experience in the servicing of lifeboats
- Detailed knowledge of a range of Lifeboats, Release Gear, Winch / Davit systems+9.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SOLAS regulations
- Experience working in a team of Engineers, you are used to versatile and adaptable to varied working conditions
- lives in the Netherlands and is in possession of a driving license
- Good physical condition
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (Spoken & Written)
- Ability to cooperate across organization lines internally and towards customers
- Systematic and accurate nature used to computer literate (IFS, Microsoft etc)
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time, challenging position in an international and dynamic working environment.We offer a market-based salary and a comprehensive set of secondary terms. we attach great importance to personal development of our employees. We provide comprehensive (internal and external) training opportunities and pay close attention to guidance and knowledge sharing.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Send your motivation letter and CV by using the direct link, or send it to HR.Netherlands@survitecgroup.com with reference: Lead Lifeboat Service Technician. Applications without a motivation letter will not be processed
- Closing Date