Demand Planner/Buyer (SGUK478)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Gosport
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are looking for a Demand Planner Buyer to be responsible for all tactical Purchasing activities related to the relevant Site or Category requirements. This will include raising Official Purchase Orders via given method and against business demand and liaising with the supplier base to ensure delivery of products.
- Raise all Purchase Orders for Site or Category requirements and replenishment. Create via relevant stock management tools and / or end user techniques. (Inventory / Indirect / Order Trans and Direct)
- Confirm purchase order processing is conducted via the appropriate strategic method (i.e. blanket, call off, etc…)
- Support Site “back to back “sourcing activities via Approved Suppliers and process. (Critical / non-Critical)
- Ensure all Purchase Orders raised reflect demand and forecasted requirements against agreed stock levels and order quantities.
- Manage Supplier relationships. In addition to, and including, internal Sales, Operations and Supply Chain Department interactions.
- Track supplier’s delivery performance and communicate late deliveries based on business risk and impact.
- Review supplier order acknowledgements for accuracy and action as necessary.
- Monitor outstanding deliveries against agreed delivery date. Expedite with suppliers when required and communicate all potential issues to internal customers / stakeholders.
- Logistic coordination and booking with freight forwarders and suppliers for inbound and outbound freight.
- Resolve Supplier Invoicing queries, including unit cost, quantity received, freight charges and part number.
- Point of contact for the creation and reintroduction of new and approved Suppliers. (Critical / Non-Critical)
- Key Stakeholder Management with Site Sales and Operations function. Strong support and reliable interaction at all times.
- Monitor and review Indirect spend.
- Work with and contribute towards the Procurement function development and improvement.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience working in a similar role.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and targets.
- Able to manage own workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Have a good degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office packages including intermediate or advanced excel.
- Experience in the use of ERP/MRP systems.
- CIPS or an equivalent qualification would be preferable but not essential.
- Preferably have experience in using IFS or similar systems is advantageou
- Closing Date