Marine Spares/Material Handler/Inventory
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Miramar
- Job Advert Description
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing tasks involved in shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Coordinates and organizes materials upon receipt for prompt information processing into the shop. Keep track of all incoming and outgoing packages, rafts ensuring that shipping and receiving processes runs efficiently. Maintains inventory counts to ensure we are properly stocked.
- Entering data for quantities of parts issued and transferred among locations,
- Inventory and cycle count adjustments into computer database
- Receiving and issuing finished goods into computer database
- Troubleshooting quantity discrepancies with purchasing and accounting personnel
- Recording and monitoring all items with shelf-life daily and notifying appropriate personnel when material has expired
- Preparing monthly reports for cycle count and pick-lists count for monthly highlights
- Preparing and participating in yearly physical inventory
- Receives and accounts for company and customer property, such as life rafts, tools, parts, and cylinders, in accordance with published schedules or as directed by management in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintains receiving log.
- Selecting and shipping customer orders accurately and in the timeframes required
- Checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices
- Preparing and maintains records of merchandise received and shipped
- Putting stock away in the warehouse or preparing for shipment
- Managing inventory of products stored in the warehouse; ensuring inventory accuracy
- Updating computer system with shipping and receipt activity
- Ensuring packages are 100% on time and 100% accurate for customer shipments
- Completing incoming inspection testing, confirmation of certificate of conformance and reconciliation of receiving/purchase documentation
- Documenting each delivery (Packing Slip etc.) to support computer system entries
- Completing daily receiving entries in computer system
- Maintaining raw material and critical supply inventories.
- Maintaining and cleaning inventory area, inventory organization and racking, inventory cycle counting and reporting, monthly inventory accounting
- Performing physical counts of raw material and tag controls
- Management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped
- Using UPS and FedEx software effectively and providing summary reporting on request
- Performing general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas
- Coordinating with other departments and outside waste disposal vendors
- Ensures product transferred is protected from damage and adequately secured for transport.
- Follows appropriate safety procedures for transporting hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Ensures shipping paperwork is completed accurately; and customer sign-offs are obtained as required. Performs receiving inspection of goods. Cross-checking components packaged is required. Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Communicate effectively with customers during pickup as needed.
- Ensures management is promptly advised of incoming products. Identifies any defects, records and reports them to management.
- Maintains company delivery equipment (pallet jacks, truck, tie-down straps, etc.) in proper mechanical order. Schedules maintenance activities as necessary. Keeps maintenance records of activities.
- Ensure continual and measurable improvement in the service offered to customers and in the way, the work is performed.
- Ensure familiarisation and compliance with the requirements of Survitec-Miramar and the customer’s Quality and Health and Safety Management Systems, and where appropriate.
- Participate in any Task-Based Risk Assessment prior to undertaking any new task which is difficult or hazardous and that all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or potential risk that may be identified. Ensure that all personnel involved are made aware of actual or potential risks. All Task-Based Risk Assessments raised are to be copied to the Lead Service Technician or Service Manager.
- Notify the Service Manager of any situation or activity, which is unsafe or potentially unsafe.
- Ensure, when dealing with clients or other non-Survitec personnel, that the best interests of Survitec Group are always represented/presented.
- Ensure all work is carried out fully in accordance with the instructions issued by the Management and, where appropriate, the customer’s Risk Management Advisor.
- Identifies and captures any additional work opportunities wherever and whenever possible.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Participates in on-the-job training.
- Completes all checklists, forms and reports as required in accordance with regulations and procedures in an accurate and legible manner.
- Performs maintenance activities in the shop as directed by management.
- Ensure all work areas are left in a safe, clean, tidy and fully operational condition.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents, or near misses are recorded on an Accident/Incident Report form and reported to Service Manager as soon as practical.
- Ensure that “best practices” are identified and implemented.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct Health Safety and Environment (HS&E) behaviours at any work location.
- Keep tools and equipment in good working order.
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
What We Offer
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental & Life Insurance
· Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
· Short and Long Term Disability
· 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
E-mail your resume along with salary requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date