- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Netherlands - Rotterdam
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is looking to recruit a professional, experienced, motivated and flexible Finance Manager to join our team. Are you committed to play a key role in the organization’s strategy? Are you the expert in finance? Then you are the person we are looking for!
About the company
Survitec is the world leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3000 employees worldwide, with eight manufacturing sites and over 50 service and distribution centres. Our multi-disciplined team of designers, engineers and operators produce a highly diverse portfolio of specialist equipment, used to protect marine, naval, air force, law enforcement and commercial personnel on a daily basis. Our mission is to ensure our customers operate with the most appropriate safety and survival equipment for their people and their customers.
About the role
The finance manager will play a key role in the organization’s strategy. You will be responsible for process improvement initiatives and delivering financial and operational controls in order to achieve higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness in the financial accounting and reporting processes. You will not only provide financial analysis but also implement important strategic projects. You will constantly appraise the operating results and propose recommendations, with help from the finance team to improve business results regarding to budgets and the overall health of the business unit. You will report to the finance director EMEA and work closely with other directors and program leads.
- Lead the day-to-day general ledger accounting, accounts payable/receivable, payroll (incl. salaries, benefits and pension) and tax obligations.
- Manage and participate in the accounting cycle and the preparation of financial documents/statements including statutory accounts.
- Prepare operating results reports and understand how they affect the financial aspects of the progress to financial goals and objectives.
- Deliver and analyse detailed monthly financial managements reports, and identify areas for action.
- Responsibility for compliance with all Dutch financial laws, requirements and regulations
- Support effective development and maintenance of financial policies, controls, practices and reporting;
- Work with the leadership team to grow the business by formulating appropriate financial strategies and plans.
- Liaise with colleagues to understand root causes of financial results, investigation of budget variances and formulation of recovery plans
- Deliver improvement projects and programmes implemented as part of the global finance transformation programme
- Lead, coach and develop an engaged and motivated finance team
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- B.A./Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting or general business (Accountancy qualifications)
- Minimum of 7 years overall experience, of which minimal 3 years in a similar role
- Fluent in Dutch and English, verbally and in writing, you are also aware of Dutch law.
- Ability to communicate effectively within an international environment and cooperate across organization lines
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting/finance issues
- Demonstrated experience in Accounting and Tax.
- Experience of working for an organisation with multiple brands and legal entities.
- Strong accounting background and adequate experience in performing and reviewing financial processes and analyses
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time, challenging position in a multinational and dynamic working environment. We offer a market-based salary and a comprehensive set of secondary terms. We attach great importance to personal development of our employees. We provide comprehensive (internal and external) training opportunities and pay close attention to guidance and knowledge sharing.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Send your CV and motivation letter directly or you can send it to HR.Netherlands@survitecgroup.com with reference: Finance Manager.
Applications without a motivation letter will not be processed.
- Closing Date