- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Netherlands - Rotterdam
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is looking to recruit a professional, experienced, motivated demand Planner Buyer to join our team, who will be responsible for all tactical Purchasing activities related to the relevant Site or Category requirements. The role holder will also raise all site purchase orders via given method and against business demand
About the company
Survitec is the world leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3000 employees worldwide, with eight manufacturing sites and over 50 service and distribution centres. Our multi-disciplined team of designers, engineers and operators produce a highly diverse portfolio of specialist equipment, used to protect marine, naval, air force, law enforcement and commercial personnel on a daily basis. Our mission is to ensure our customers operate with the most appropriate safety and survival equipment for their people and their customers.
About the role
As a Demand Planner/Buyer you will be responsible for all tactical Purchasing activities related to the relevant Site or Category requirements. Raise Official Purchase Orders via given method and against business demand and liaise with the supplier base to ensure delivery of products. Ensure correct policies and procedures are adhered to at all times. Support Site and Category sourcing activities, as appropriate.
- Raise all Purchase Orders for Site or Category requirements and replenishment. Create via relevant stock management tools and / or end user techniques. (Inventory / Indirect / Order Trans and Direct)
- Confirm purchase order processing is conducted via the appropriate strategic method (i.e. blanket, call off, etc…)
- Support Site “back to back “sourcing activities via Approved Suppliers and process. (Critical / non-Critical)
- Ensure all Purchase Orders raised reflect demand and forecasted requirements against agreed stock levels and order quantities.
- Manage Supplier relationships. In addition to, and including, internal Sales, Operations and Supply Chain Department interactions.
- Track supplier’s delivery performance and communicate late deliveries based on business risk and impact.
- Review supplier order acknowledgements for accuracy and action as necessary.
- Monitor outstanding deliveries against agreed delivery date. Expedite with suppliers when required and communicate all potential issues to internal customers / stakeholders.
- Logistic coordination and booking with freight forwarders and suppliers for inbound and outbound freight.
- Resolve Supplier Invoicing queries, including unit cost, quantity received, freight charges and part number.
- Point of contact for the creation and reintroduction of new and approved Suppliers. (Critical / Non-Critical)
- Key Stakeholder Management with Site Sales and Operations function. Strong support and reliable interaction at all times.
- Monitor and review Indirect spend.
- Work with and contribute towards the Procurement function development and improvement.
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience working in a similar role.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and targets.
- Able to manage own workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Have a good degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office packages including intermediate or advanced excel.
- Preferably have experience in using IFS or similar systems is advantageou
- Preferably fluent in Dutch and English, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively within an international environment and cooperate across organization lines
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time, challenging position in a multinational and dynamic working environment. We offer a market-based salary and a comprehensive set of secondary terms. We attach great importance to personal development of our employees. We provide comprehensive (internal and external) training opportunities and pay close attention to guidance and knowledge sharing.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Send your CV and motivation letter directly or you can send it to, HR.Netherlands@survitecgroup.com. With reference: Planner/Buyer
Applications without a motivation letter will not be processed.
- Closing Date