Service Technician Liferafts
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Belgium -Ostend
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is looking for a Liferaft technician, based in Oostende. Are you committed to provide, the highest ethical and technical standards of safety service,
to our global customers?
About the company and role
Survitec is the world leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine navy, defence aviation and offshore market, with over 160 years’ experience. Our multi-disciplined team of designers, engineers and operators produce a highly diverse portfolio of specialist equipment, used to protect naval, air force, law enforcement and commercial personnel on a daily basis. As a Liferaft Technician, you will play an important role to ensure that our customers’ vessels and crew remain compliant and safe at all times.
- To service all Marine products including, Liferafts, Lifejackets and Immersion Suits.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to regarding manufacturers’ manuals and bulletins along with re-certification requirements.
- Liaise with the Operations Management to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Complete all servicing paperwork accurately and pass it to the office for certification and invoicing to be completed.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and health and safety of work areas is maintained
- Ensure manufacturers manuals and bulletins are maintained in a tidy condition and that these are available at all times
- Ensure manufacturers bulletins are read and signed in accordance with Company and manufacturers requirements
- Calibration - ensure equipment is returned for recalibration at prescribed intervals by liaising with Operations Management
- Applying the company’s quality standards and safety service concept routines according to corporate objectives when executing service work
- All service work is carried out according the company’s safety standards valid at the place of work
- Communicating technical deficiencies to improvement notices
- Have a technical or maritime background
- Experience in marine or offshore machinery equipment field, preferably with Safety/liferaft Services
- In possession of a driving license
- Good (physical) health/condition
- Service oriented and safety minded approach
- Versatile and adaptable to varied working conditions
- Good command of the Belgium and English language (Spoken & Written)
- Ability to communicate effectively within a multinational environment and cooperate across organization lines
- Able to work flexibly with regards to hours to ensure we provide the best service to our customers
- Systematic and accurate nature
- Computer literate (IFS, Microsoft etc)
- Accurate and structured nature
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time, challenging position in an multinational and dynamic working environment. We offer a market-based salary and a comprehensive set of secondary terms. we attach great importance to personal development of our employees. We provide comprehensive (internal and external) training opportunities and pay close attention to guidance and knowledge sharing.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Please send us your motivation letter and cv, Applications without motivation letter will not be processed.
- Closing Date