MES Service Technician
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Miramar
- Job Advert Description
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assembly, testing, inspection, packaging and repair of all lifesaving equipment (MES) in accordance with relevant manufactures’ manuals, operation guidelines and service bulletins. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within this particular field. Works under immediate supervision.
What Will You Do?
- Disassembly, testing, inspection, and packing of life rafts.
- Ensure all inspection, testing and maintenance work is performed in accordance with the instructions issued by the management and to Solas Regulations and, where appropriate, the client's Risk Management Advisor.
- The identification of all defects arising from inspection and their subsequent repair in accordance with manufacturer approved guidelines.
- Testing and assembly of cylinders as required.
- Completes all checklists, forms and reports as required in accordance with regulations and procedures in an accurate and legible manner.
- Ensures equipment is actioned against any Service Bulletins.
- Services other safety equipment as required.
- Responsible for the accuracy of correct components and quantity of components packaged.
- Cross-checking components packaged required.
- Knowledge of various types of packing methods for different life raft designs.
- Transport of goods and tools as required.
- Ensure all stated mobilization and check-in arrangements are within compliance.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a manner, which is safe, efficient and cost effective.
- Ensure all reports are accurately and fully completed and available for issue to the Service Technician Supervisor immediately upon return onshore and a copy is provided.
- Ensure continual and measurable improvement in the service offered to customers and in the way the work is performed.
- Ensure all work areas are left in a safe, clean, tidy and fully operational condition. Keep tools and equipment in good order.
- Ensure familiarization and compliance with the requirements of SSPI and the Client's Quality and Health and Safety Management Systems and where appropriate the Permit to Work System.
- Ensure that "best practices" are identified, communicated and implemented.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct Quality Healthy Safety Environment (QHSE) behavior at any work location.
- Be personally accountable for the QHSE performance within your areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the QHSE Integrated Management System.
- Participate in any Task-Based Risk Assessment prior to undertaking any new task which is difficult or hazardous and that all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or potential risk that may be identified. Ensure that all personnel involved are made aware of actual or potential risks. All Task-Based Risk Assessments raised are to be copied to the Service Technician Supervisor or Service Manager.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents or near misses are recorded on an Accident/Incident Report Form and passed to Service Technician Supervisor or Service Manager as soon as practicable.
- In all cases the Service Technician Supervisor or Service Manager must be notified of any situation or activity, which is unsafe or potentially unsafe.
- Ensure, when dealing with clients or other non-SSPI personnel, that the best interests of SSPI and any other Division of Survitec Group are always represented/presented.
- Responsible for awareness and compliance as applicable to the requirements of ISO9001and the Marine Equipment Directive (MED) standards.
- Exhibits positive courteous behavior with customers, businesses, and coworkers.
- Identify and capture any additional work opportunities wherever and whenever possible.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Participates in on-the-job training.
What Do We Need from You?
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED - Required.
- 2 - 3 years of prior technical, mechanical or assembly experience - Preferred
- Marine industry background, Preferred
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office Suite
Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
ISO 9001 experience preferred.
Knowledge of marine SOLAS/USCG standards preferred.
- Ability to comprehend information and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally or in writing, to ensure the correct information is fully understood by an individual or team.
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues and formulate an effective strategy to mitigate the risk or prevent the issue from occurring.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems and solve them in a controlled and effective manner.
- Ability to use effective time management to ensure that tasks and projects are completed within agreed time limits.
- Ability to drive a large truck preferred.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 125 lbs is required.
- Attention to Detail.
- Stress Tolerant.
- Positive Social Orientation.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date