MES Service Supervisor
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Miramar
- Job Advert Description
JOB SUMMARY: The MES Service Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a team of MES Service Technicians who perform deployments, exchanges, disassembly, testing, inspection, repair and repacking of MarinArk MKI and MKII type MES in accordance with relevant manufacturers’ manuals, service bulletins, regulations, company policies and procedures and Manager’s instructions. Furthermore, the MES Service Supervisor maintains the daily operational contact with both the customers (on-board as well as shore based) as well as the Survitec OEM office (Dunmurry) in relation to all scheduling and coordination of the full scope of MES servicing conducted by the Miramar based team.
What Will You Do?
- Liaise with Survitec MES OEM office (Dunmurry) to ensure all service demand is properly identified and planned for / scheduled with the highest possible efficiency, while ensuring a balanced and achievable service schedule is kept.
- Liaise with senior on-board and shore-based customer staff in order to prepare all scheduled service activities in such manner that they are flawlessly executed.
- Supervise the team of technicians assigned to performing MES service work.
- Ensure all inspection, testing and maintenance work is carried out fully in accordance with the OEM requirements (manuals and bulletins), applicable regulations, and instructions issued by company management as well as any customer requirements as / when applicable.
- Ensure that the service team has all required spares, tools and equipment available when and where it is needed to complete services in accordance with the agreed timeline.
- Liaise with counterparts at the Vancouver office to align on the regional MES demand, utilizing each other's capacity and support as applicable.
- Coordinate travel for staff to attend service and training activities
- Participate in establishing department goals and objectives and ensure these are met.
- Keep track of technicians training records and report to the Operations Manager on training needs.
- Ensure agreed service schedule is achieved. Notify Operations Manager immediately in case risks to meeting service schedule / requirements arise.
- Expected to handle issues which arise within the area of responsibility as a first point of contact.
- Lead the department while motivating the staff in a positive manner.
- Ensure familiarization and compliance with the requirements of Survitec and the Client's HSEQ Management Systems.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the QHSE Management System.
- Report to the Operations Manager and the OEM office any abnormal defects or service difficulties identified during inspection and / or deployment. Ensure the subsequently agreed action is implemented in accordance with manufacturer approved guidelines.
- Ensure the technicians complete all checklists, forms and reports as required in accordance with regulations and procedures in an accurate and legible manner.
- Ensure the technicians keep and leave all work areas in a safe, clean, tidy and fully operational condition, with tools and equipment left in good order.
- Participate in any Task-Based Risk Assessment prior to undertaking any new task and ensure all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or potential risk that may be identified. Ensure all personnel involved are made aware of actual or potential risks. All Task-Based Risk Assessments raised are to be provided to the Service Manager.
- Notify the Operations Manager of any situation or activity, which is unsafe or potentially unsafe.
- Ensure that "best practices" are identified and implemented.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct health and safety and environmental behaviors at any work location.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents or near misses are recorded on an Accident/Incident Report Form and passed to Operations Manager as soon as practically possible.
- Identify and capture any additional business opportunities as applicable, in cooperation with the sales department where appropriate.
- Participate in on-the-job training.
- Ensure FOD and Tool Control requirements are maintained.
- Perform any other appropriate duties as required by a relevant line manager in support of business needs.
What Do We Need from You?
- Minimum 5 years' experience related to coordinating and supervising the servicing and installation of MES for cruise vessels.
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding related to the regulatory requirements for MES servicing.
- Minimum 3 years' experience related to personnel management (preferably technical and / or administrative personnel).
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Able to comfortably converse with senior on-board and shore-based customer personnel
- Strong computer skills, especially in MS Excel, Word and Outlook. High level of comfort using various computer systems (such as ERPs, databases and web interfaces). Ease adapting to / learning new software applications.
- Advanced ability in planning activities that require a wide range of items to be aligned within a tight deadline in order to achieve desired results.
- Basic math required
- Fluent written and spoken English language required
- ISO 9001 knowledge preferred; general understanding of quality management systems required
- General understanding of SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) principles (preferably in the marine service industry) required
- Knowledge of SOLAS / LSA Code required.
- Ability to comprehend information and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally or in writing, to ensure the correct information is fully understood by an individual or team.
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues and formulate an effective strategy to mitigate the risk or prevent the issue from occurring.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems and solve them in a controlled and effective manner.
- Ability to use effective time management to ensure that tasks and projects are completed within agreed time limits.
- Attention to Detail.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Stress Tolerance.
- Positive Social Orientation.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance.
- Vacation and 10 Holidays.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date