- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Washington
- Job Advert Description
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to develop and grow business opportunities in North America. Reporting to the US Head of Sales, the successful candidate will be able to technically understand our products and services and articulate the value and benefits to our customers. You will have gained experience within regulated industries, coupled will a successful and demonstrated track record of dealing with large and complex bids in a consultative selling environment. Experience in US government contracting negotiating and associated knowledge of export control and icences are key requisites of the role.
Location: Home Based - Washington DC or surrounding area
- Creation and delivery of compelling bid review packs to leadership for approval to proceed.
- Adherence to the sales qualification and capture process.
- Customer satisfaction and comprehensive coordination with all internal Survitec team stakeholders.
- Prepare budgets for Order Intake, Sales and Contribution Margin, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership teams of Defence Sales and Manufacturing.
- Participation in business reviews, provide feedback on performance and any deviation to budget.
- Closure of all annual targets to achieve base and stretch
- Coordination and awareness with manufacturing / operations to ensure all forecasting for material supplies are maintained and updated.
- Provision of sales and material demand forecasts as part of the S&OP process.
- Development and deployment of growth strategies and plans for the Defence business in conjunction with the US Defence Sales Team.
- Develop business growth opportunities through an understanding of the needs and desires of the customer base.
- Management of product and service portfolios to ensure that all critical aspects of the market are addressed in a focussed and consistent manner.
- Management of the introduction of new products and services, and the effective disbandment of products and services that are no longer required.
- Ensure contractual obligations and contractual KPIs are met.
Key Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience in either US government Defence or Government agencies contract negotiation and associated processes
- You will hold a degree or equivalent level of qualification.
- You will have a well-established network of US defence prime contractors and broad network of US government end user community contacts at all levels within defence or government acquisition / end user community.
- Key Account Management experience of running large scale customer sales programmes.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to act as a team player and collaborate at all levels.
- Ability to work independently by planning and organising own work.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- “Can do attitude” combined with high level of ambition and strong desire for success.
- IT literate with experience from Excel, MSOffice, CRM systems etc.
- Providing Excellent Customer Service
- Planning & Control
- Delivering Business Results
- Business Development
- Managing the Customer relationship
- Using Information effectively
- Making good decisions
- Attention to detail
- Team Working
- Closing Date