Distribution Sales Manager
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Fort Lauderdale
- Job Advert Description
Survitec Group is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
The role of Distribution Sales Manager is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Distribution Sales Manager is an owner of the 3rd party and distribution sales function and is the management function between Survitec and the Survitec service/distribution network. This function carries responsibility for customer satisfaction, business development and continuous high-quality delivery of products and services to Survitec’s partners. The role is supported by a team of account managers, internal sales and customer service personnel. The Distribution Sales Manager will also have a HR Reporting function for the Distribution Account Managers, and internal sales. The Distribution Sales Manager will have ultimate ownership of the 3rd party and distribution sales and contribution targets for Survitec.
What Will You Do?
- Develop the Regional America’s 3rd Party and Distribution Strategic Sales Direction.
- Empower Account Team to delivery sales strategy in alignment with company goals.
- Identify and develop a high quality 3rd party and distribution network representing Survitec values.
- Ownership to grow and optimise product portfolio for 3rd party distributors to support a mutually beneficial market offer.
- Diversify product mix to improve stock turns and margin retention.
- Develop and implement training materials to support Account Management market training efforts.
- Work closely with global marketing team in developing marketing strategies and materials to improve brand awareness, in store execution, on line activations, in addition to aligning to brand guidelines.
- Allocation of account responsibilities, in addition to managing the call cycle frequency of account managers and internal sales resources.
- Forecasting customer item demand, in addition to providing input on financial projections.
- Customer Campaigns, including Seasonal loading, promotional activities, product launches and clearance activities.
- Support overdue collections.
- Customer Relationship and opportunity management through Salesforce.
- Contributing to continuous improvement.
What Do We Need from You?
- At least 7 years of sales management experience (Marine or Distribution Specific is preferred).
- Experience in managing professionals within a mature environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field – Preferred.
- Strategic relationship builder – customer mapping.
- Sales driven and motivated by delivery against targets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Microsoft Office and ERP Systems capabilities – IFS 8 Preferred.
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organization.
- Ensure deadlines are met through excellent time management and allocation of priorities to the team.
- English fluency – written and spoken.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance.
- Vacation and 10 Holidays.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date