Technical Sales Manager LSA, Americas
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Miramar
- Job Advert Description
Survitec Group is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
The Technical Sales Manager LSA, Americas will be responsible for driving Category sales to Survitec’s end user (direct) customers. The role will engage closely with customers to understand and fulfil their technical needs and will develop and maintain sufficient technical knowledge to interact at all levels of the customer technical buyer matrix.
What Will You Do?
Without limiting the scope of responsibilities, the following tasks are considered to be the main duties of this function:
- Build Survitec’s business with direct customers in identified Category.
- Actively grow orders to direct customers, to optimise for revenue and quality of earnings
- Actively prospect to win orders in Global Energy and Global Cruise segments, supported by segment team account managers
- Collaborate and share leads with other members of the Americas and Global sales teams
- Actively monitor customer needs to assist in developing and diversifying Survitec’s offer portfolio
- Own customer sales targets and achieve these through marketing Survitec’s broad product and service portfolio to an under-penetrated customer base
- Ensure the active management of team pipeline, activities, objectives, orders and sales in customer relationship management systems
- Support overdue collections for any accounts owned by the Technical Sales team, supported by the account’s receivables team.
- Promote Survitec’s values
- Category Sales.
- Cash collection.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What Do We Need from You?
- At least 5 years of technical, operational or sales experience within Marine or Aerospace industries (Marine is preferred, but not essential).
- Formal education business/engineering or technical studies is preferred. Ship Manager, Safety Officer, Super Intendent experience also attractive.
- Positive and pro-active attitude towards customers and colleagues.
- Teamwork is the key to the operation’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- As a Supervisor level employee, it is of upmost importance to drive the teamwork culture within your group and actively display the before-mentioned values.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Microsoft Office and ERP Systems capabilities - IFS 8 Preferred.
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organization.
- Ensure deadlines are met through excellent time management and allocation of priorities to the team.
- English fluency - written and spoken.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance.
- Vacation and 10 Holidays.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled:
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date