Senior Service Techncian (SGUK496)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Dartford
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are current recruiting a Senior Service Technician to ensure that all aspects of lifesaving equipment are tested and inspected in accordance with the required standards and requirements.
- To service all Marine products including, Liferafts, Lifejackets and Immersion Suits.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to regarding manufacturers’ manuals and bulletins along with re-certification requirements.
- Liaise with the Operations Management to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Complete all servicing paperwork accurately and pass it to the office for certification and invoicing to be completed.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and health and safety of work areas is maintained to avoid possible near miss incidents or accidents.
- Ensure manufacturers manuals and bulletins are maintained in a tidy condition and that these are available at all times.
- Ensure manufacturers bulletins are read and signed in accordance with Company and manufacturers requirements.
- Calibration - ensure equipment is returned for recalibration at prescribed intervals by liaising with Operations Management.
- Ensuring a good level of housekeeping is kept.
- Provide direction and support to Service Technicians.
- Ensure Service Technicians comply with departmental and company policies, procedures and processes to ensure customer and financial deadlines are met.
- Ensure any training requirements for Service Technicians are identified and addressed.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the team.
- Managing the team’s performance and absence and recording where necessary.
- Complete return to work interviews and probation reviews.
- Ensure that a full report is given to operations manager when issues are identified within the department.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Ideally have experience/knowledge of the marine industry and its related products, although this is not essential
- Have a flexible approach regards working hours, and the ability to work extra hours if required
- Have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, via all means of communication (written and orally)
- Have excellent organisational skills and awareness of the requirement for efficient time planning
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and targets
- Have the ability to work within a team or on their own with minimal guidance
- Hold a weekly toolbox meeting with technicians and report back to line manager.
- Closing Date