General Manager Houston/New Orleans
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- General Management
- USA - Houston
- Job Advert Description
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and growth of the Safety Service and in-house Life raft service / exchange business in the USA, including supervision of other satellites sites, beginning with Houston, and New Orleans. This includes all issues related to the service station(s) profitability, operational efficiency, service, capability, quality, operational assets and the order to cash elements in the customer order process.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop action plans to improve the Fire Safety Service Stations’ profit and loss (P&L), including analysing the Company’s financial statements (especially overhead) and other key performance indicators to assess their standings and financial positions. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics, benchmarks, KPIs in relation to service operations.
- Develop action plans to reduce costs, increase revenues, and improve overall Company and Group performance, including adapting the resources of the varied sites across the USA and working closely with the sales team.
- Monthly reporting of financial performance to the RVP Marine Americas, including developing of annual budget.
- Direct the Houston site Fire Rescue Safety (FRS) sites and management of the other FRS service station managers and supervisors from other USA sites (including New Orleans) in order to deploy a coordinated approach/strategy across the country (Houston functioning as central office which maintains key departments such as finance, customer services, supply chain, purchasing, and sales.)
- Act as an operational bridge between the customer services, supply chain and the sales team and drive sales growth via the adaptation of the sites resources, employee skills, product and service offering.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the marine, offshore, and aviation industries; liaise with specialized colleagues on financial, legal, and regulatory issues for the organization.
- Approve purchases in compliance with Company’s approval process.
- Initiate and coordinate personnel actions with the Human Resources Department for example: hiring, disciplinary action, termination, and promotion.
- Responsible for all equipment and operations assets for the service stations. Create investment budget for all equipment and operations assets for the service stations.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to support the service business.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field - Preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related business and/or in similar functions (including General Management functions)
- Proven operational management experience
- Technical or marine background - Preferred
- Financial Certification – not required provided the candidate has a good understanding of overall P&L structure
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS), or similar ERP software
- Initiate and/or participate in strategy, business development and growth for the service stations and the growth of the Fire Safety Business in the USA. Responsible for the implementation of the agreed upon strategy across the sites.
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Escalate relevant customer issues inside the organization to assure high level of response and problem resolution
- Timely planning and execution of service orders
- Controlling all aspects of Safety Service work on board vessels or in workshops
- Day-to-day management of local Service Administrator, Service Supervisor and/or local service manager function (if applicable)
- Management of local Safety Spares inventory, purchasing and cost management
- Ensure sub-contractors comply to Survitec Safety Solutions (SSS) and international standards
- Building and maintaining sub-contractor relationships
- Conduct annual price negotiations
Quality Health Safety and Environment (QHSEE)
- Responsible for maintaining established quality standards per service objectives and manuals
- Conform to SSS safety standards including QHSSE regulations, and in the event of hazards or accidents, take immediate control of the situation
- Issue Technical Improvement Notices and assist in the follow up
- Ensure that the service stations’ headcount is reflective of business demand
- Manage the other service station managers at other sites/locations in the USA
- Coordinate with Human Resources Department, the selection and promotion of personnel within the service organization
- Competence and skill development
- Goal setting and performance management
- Succession planning
- Ensure overall high level of talent and engagement levels
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work completed and accounting for these expenditures
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Hands-on managerial skills
What We Offer
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental & Life Insurance
· Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
· Short and Long Term Disability
· 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
E-mail your resume along with salary requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date