HR Business Partner
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Netherlands - Rotterdam
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are seeking to recruit a HR Business Partner in Rotterdam to business partner with key stakeholders within the business to effectively deliver on all aspects of the people agenda and assist in the delivery of the wider business strategy.
To ensure the HR strategy, policies, processes and tools are implemented and aligned. Provide the necessary HR guidance, support and advice to all Survitec operations. Drive initiatives within human resources and organisational development.
The role will include support with the full employee lifecycle including recruitment, on-boarding, policy interpretation and administration, employee relations, compensation, benefits, co-ordinating training and development for the region along with other duties as necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Human Resources function within the Marine division.
The HR Business Partner will be part of the local management team and represent the HR function ensuring alignment of the Survitec HR Mission and values within the organisation.
Survitec HR Mission:
The Global HR team will work well together to support the business to recruit, develop and retain a high performing and diverse workforce. We promote and encourage a respectful, healthy, safe, productive work environment for all our employees.
Survitec HR Values:
We support each other, acting with integrity, honouring our commitments and work in a professional manner that promotes fairness, respect and trust. We lead by example and ensure equitable treatment through our behaviours, policies and practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively deliver Global Survitec People policies and processes (i.e. performance management, talent management, acquisition, disciplinary, absence management) in line with best practice through coaching and building capability of managers
- Promote Survitec’s Performance Development Review policy and process and actively support managers in developing their skills to conduct meaningful and timely PDR reviews
- Provide advice, guidance, coaching and hands-on support for managers and employees across a wide range of complex/challenging people matters
- Work with the management teams to ensure optimal resourcing levels are maintained, challenging the status quo and participating in/leading resourcing initiatives as appropriate
- Support Managers with people-related transformation and change activities
- Lead the annual pay review and bonus/commission review processes for your areas, driving efficiency, simplicity and consistency
- Support the Senior Management and HR teams with the implementation of regular employee engagement initiatives (i.e. wellbeing and Engagement survey)
- Work with key stakeholders to deliver on all aspects of the Survitec People Agenda appropriate to their area
- Support the Management Teams in the delivery of any strategic business initiatives
- Management of HR KPI’s and their role in supporting the business to achieve its goals with continuous improvement
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures remain legally compliant and in line with best practice
- Work on any HR projects assigned to you by the Regional HR Director or other member of the Survitec HR Leadership team
- Support divisional and functional directors in identifying and carrying out development and reorganization activities to further enable sustainable development of the business
- Conduct and support end to end recruitment activities with line managers including, creation of job descriptions, advertising, interview and selection, through to the onboarding processes
- Contribute to the continuous development of our global reward and recognition systems, and ensure implementation throughout the region
- Partner with Line Management, ensure availability, train and develop competence for all resources at the local level.
Qualifications, Core Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Dutch Employment law is essential.
- Experience of Belgian Employment law is desirable.
- Minimum of CIPD level 5 is desirable or equivalent experience.
- Organisationally and people focused with a sound business understanding.
- Good communication skills and command of the English language (oral and written).
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence senior management and employees.
- Proactive and independent.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse individuals and cultures.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel (high usage) and PowerPoint (high usage).
- Working knowledge of HRIS Cornerstone is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Closing Date