Subcontract Manager 12 month FTC
- Position Type
- Full-time contract / temporary
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Birkenhead
- Job Advert Description
The Subcontract Manager is an integral member of the Survitec Production Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for overall Subcontractor performance throughout the subcontract life cycle. The Subcontract Manager documents, prepares, negotiates cost, price and terms and conditions, and executes major subcontracts; provides formal communication and contractual direction; and performs contract close-out. A major subcontract may include design / technical development, NRE management, coordination of performance-based payments, Technical Data Package and Statement of Work evaluation, understanding of Export / Import requirements and interaction with Government offices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing Subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including cost, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Assess Make v Buy and provide pay-back justification for subcontract of new and existing suppliers.
- Preparing and issuing requests for proposal to support proposal and program requirements; reviewing and leading subcontract proposal evaluations.
- Participating in development and selection for a Best Value Source selection.
- Performing cost and price analysis, developing negotiation strategies, and leading negotiations.
- Ensuring subcontract compliance with public law and Survitec Company policy and procedures; understanding and applying Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ITAR, and import/export requirements, as appropriate.
- Manage the free-issue/sale of materials and loan of test equipment, jigs, fixtures and tooling as required by subcontracts.
- Effective BRM / QBR process management for all key and/or strategic subcontract suppliers.
- Analyse, report and manage excess material liabilities and ensure minimum business exposure at all times.
- Manage and control all subcontracts documentation, data, files and reports in a timely and accurate manner. Ownership and management of supply chain performance though use of KPI’s; supplier performance cards; and associated procurement tools.
- Leverage supplier and market intelligence to identify new business / technology opportunities and risks and communicate these to the business.
- Ensure all information on subcontract parts within Survitec operations system is maintained in an accurate and timely manner, reflecting up-to-date delivery confirm dates at all times. Inform the Planning department of all constraints / issues.
- Initiate action plans to identify and mitigate commercial risk/cost of obsolescence and impact to operational plans.
- Proven experience in any of the following: Subcontracts, Contracts, Supply Chain, Procurement or Supplier Management.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment Terms and conditions negotiations experience.
- Analytical skills for performing price/cost analysis and problem solving.
- Knowledge of import and export regulations including ITAR/EAR.
- Experience in government, aerospace, and/or defence industries, including international procurement.
- Experience with multiple subcontract types.
- Experience with development programs.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including demonstrated presentation skills.
- Experience in desktop computing tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Experience working with ERP systems (i.e. SAP/PRISM).
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess good organisational capabilities and be detail oriented.
- Demonstration of negotiation skills and supplier resolution.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple suppliers, and comfortable in fast-paced environment.
- Closing Date