- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Ohio, USA - Akron, USA - Cleveland
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, energy, aerospace and defence markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
Our manufacturing facility on Wolf Creek Trail, Sharon Center is the center of excellence for Aerospace & Defence. We currently employ over 170 people at the site and due to significant business growth and exciting opportunity, we have a vacancy for a Human Resources Generalist with experience in EH&S.
This role involves working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to ensure the delivery of excellent Human Resources support to our employees in the areas of hourly recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefit program management and training. Also responsible for leading site safety program.
Key Tasks and Repsonsibilities
Provide end-to-end HR support for all hourly employees including the following:
- Recruitment, on-boarding and subsequent benefit entitlements
- Process of terminations and resignation
- Management of employee relations issues, progressive discipline action, performance reviews, worker compensation claims, unemployment claims and FMLA Leave.
- Delivery of various learning and development programs in conjunction with the HR Manager
- Promote use and associated benefits of HRIS systems, as well as maintenance of system for hourly employees
- Offer transactional HR advice and guidance to supervisors and employees
- Coach supervisors to become more effective when dealing with difficult employee situations
Lead site Safety Committee. Ensure compliance with site and corporate safety program as well as federal/state occupational safety and health regulations. Collects and files EH&S related forms, records and documentation.
Essential Skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of EH&S in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Experience leading a safety committee
- Experience in delivering training and development activities to large groups of people
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary, $55,000/yr
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date