Sewing Machine Operator
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Ohio, USA - Akron, USA - Cleveland
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, energy, aerospace and defence markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
Our manufacturing facility on Wolf Creek Trail, Sharon Center is the center of excellence for Aerospace & Defence. We currently employ over 170 people at the site and due to significant business growth and exciting opportunity, we have a vacancy for Sewing Machine Operators.
This role involves industrial sewing in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to to produce the highest quality Pilot Flight Suits, Multi-Sea Life Rafts and Submarine Escape Suits for our US military!
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Operate industrial sewing machine for use in the manufacture of garments and other small parts.
- Adhere to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be responsible for identifying and reporting any quality issues.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of own manufacturing output through a no faults passed forward principle.
- Assist and comply with any implemented continuous improvement techniques.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Good hand dexterity required
- Basic sewing knowledge and use of industrial-type sewing machines.
- Knowledge of template patterns and ability to follow sewing markings.
- Attention to detail
What We Offer
Health, Dental & Life Insurance
Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
Short and Long Term Disability
401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date