Sr. Quality Engineer
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Akron, USA - Cleveland
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, energy, aerospace and defence markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
Our manufacturing facility on Wolf Creek Trail, Sharon Center is the center of excellence for Aerospace & Defence. We currently employ over 170 people at the site and due to significant business growth and exciting opportunity, we have a vacancy for a Sr. Quality Engineer.
This role involves working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to ensure the delivery of the highest quality pilot flight suits to our US military!
Key Tasks and Repsonsibilitie
- Interface with Production Supervisors, Operators and Technical to ensure pilot flight suits meet specified requirements and effective Quality Assurance procedures are implemented throughout all departments
- Continuously improve inspection / testing processes and procedures
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions
- Participate in the management of suppliers’ performance and supplier quality audits
- Conduct internal audits
- Participate in Continual Improvement activities to enhance the quality of product and services, such as 5S and Lean methods, etc.
- Review Manufacturing and Vendor quality performance, including the analysis of scrap and rework.
Essential Skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Industrial Engineering or related field OR equivalent work experience - required
- Previous successful experience as a Quality Engineer - Preferred
- Experience or understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing- Preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Experience in Instruction Writing
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date