Export Compliance Officer
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Administration / Support
- UK - Birkenhead
- Job Advert Description
The purpose of this role is to assume responsibility for managing and administering export control regulations and the operational functionality, efficiency of the export control and compliance processes and procedures across the business functions within Survitec’s, Birkenhead Site.
This is an excellent and unique opportunity for someone to use their existing export control expertise and develop experience in wider compliance related work whilst always having high regard to the legal responsibility and obligations of Survitec.
Based in Birkenhead, the role sits with the Operations function and reports directly to the General Manager
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure an Export Control Complainant business system.
- Administration and maintenance of the companies SPIRE Account (Birkenhead).
- Manage and maintain the Product Codification processes and records for Survitec (Birkenhead).
- Manage and administer export licence applications and use, US Arms Control licences and documentation and UK MoD F680 applications.
- Support the Customer Support team to obtain EUU’s from customers.
- Works with the supply chain team to ensure suppliers provide Supplier declaration and product codification
- Communicating and corresponding, as the single point of contact, with the ECJU and completing annual returns and hosting periodic ECJU Visits.
- Advising and updating Management with changes to and impact on the business relating to Export Control Regulations.
- Representing Birkenhead site within the Survitec Group, Export Compliance Officer organisation.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Have 5+ years’ experience of managing and administering an export compliance business system within a Defence company (covering both UK and US export control rules).
- Be conversant with UK export control laws and experienced in making export control licence applications and complying with licence requirements (particularly SIELS and OGELs) and conditions.
- Experience of delivering internal training on export control and compliance matters to relevant employees.
- Experienced in internal and external Stakeholder Management.
- Internal Audit Experience.
- Experienced and ECJU Trained in product codification.
- Be versatile, flexible and organised to handle a broad spectrum of tasks and competing priorities, whilst possessing a can-do attitude.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Member of the Institute of Export
- Level 5 Diploma in International Trade
- Managing Export Compliance through an ERP
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Team Working
- MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Closing Date